I thought Croft was bad!

TAFKARM

5 minutes ago, a15cro said:

Id be interested how that session went, there was a member on here came over for a chat who was also on the evening group. (sorry, name escapes me)

Think he was called Jason? Will see if I can find the user name. 

I think it’s @Jay Henry

But if you are reading this ... hello - where are you 😁

The guy doing the video looked to have some good timing software or app on his phone..anyone know what it is..

Not that I am interested bas you are not allowed to use on a track day.. and definitely not bright to make a video criticizing the TDO whilst showing that you were timing!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

The guy doing the video looked to have some good timing software or app on his phone..anyone know what it is..

Not that I am interested bas you are not allowed to use on a track day.. and definitely not bright to make a video criticizing the TDO whilst showing that you were timing!!

I think that it's Harry's lap timer. But there are different versions and you need an external gps with better refresh frequency to get accurate lap times. 

8 minutes ago, BenD said:

I think that it's Harry's lap timer. But there are different versions and you need an external gps with better refresh frequency to get accurate lap times. 

thanks.. i will have to have a chat with Harry!!

1 minute ago, Mole said:

thanks.. i will have to have a chat with Harry!!

Don’t bother I’ve got it and it’s a huge faff. Also as Ben says not very accurate without proper GPS (ie 3 secs off round Blyton)

Just now, Rush Motorsport said:

Don’t bother I’ve got it and it’s a huge faff. Also as Ben says not very accurate without proper GPS (ie 3 secs off round Blyton)

Oh..ok thanks.. I dont want a huge faff!

1 minute ago, Mole said:

Oh..ok thanks.. I dont want a huge faff!

Best you can buy aim solo 2 360 quid but worth every penny 

• Like 1

The aim GPS is great.

You do nothing. It knows where you are and does it all without touching a single button. 

I really like having it - even though I got it on a bit of a whim. I’m not a quick driver (obviously!) but it’s great to get the feedback to see where I’ve improved (or the car has)

The solo 2 is just a stand alone lap timer. If you don't have any other aim products it's great. Although I'm yet to use it. It gets rave reviews everywhere you look. 

Another vote for the Solo. Welcome to borrow mine if you want to try before you buy Martyn, though it really is as easy as others have said - brilliant bit of kit, best I've tried by far (loads of apps, with and without an external uprated GPS receiver, and a Race Technology DL1).

The lap timer itself is only a small piece of the puzzle, learning to use the software (in conjunction with the data that the lap timer gathers) is vital to get the best out of it.

AIM have a very good YouTube channel with tutorials, and you can download the software and some sample files for free.

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Another vote for the Solo. Welcome to borrow mine if you want to try before you buy Martyn, though it really is as easy as others have said - brilliant bit of kit, best I've tried by far (loads of apps, with and without an external uprated GPS receiver, and a Race Technology DL1).

The lap timer itself is only a small piece of the puzzle, learning to use the software (in conjunction with the data that the lap timer gathers) is vital to get the best out of it.

AIM have a very good YouTube channel with tutorials, and you can download the software and some sample files for free.

Thanks Adam, kind of you.. I shall do some reading up and see what it can do for me and what is involved with the software.. and if it will run on my XP laptop!!

28 minutes ago, Mole said:

Thanks Adam, kind of you.. I shall do some reading up and see what it can do for me and what is involved with the software.. and if it will run on my XP laptop!!

I reckon the software would run on my casio calculator watch. I think it may have been designed in the same era as well 

• Like 1

The guy's brave - if my exhaust sounded like that I wouldn't wear an open face helmet...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2021 at 18:34, Chris King said:

Think he was called Jason? Will see if I can find the user name. 

I think it’s @Jay Henry

But if you are reading this ... hello - where are you 😁

👋🏼 Sorry just seen this. 

yeah great evening thanks.