I thought Croft was bad!

TAFKARM

This is why I tend to stay away from “track evenings”.

I've only ever done one, and never again. It was even worse than that video!

Crickey. Who was the TDO - one to avoid.

Couldn’t believe they were waving more and more cars on to join the slow train to Bangkok 🤣

i have seen a few of these type of vids, and its the main reason why i would never do a trackday. i love driving quickly but would be gutted if some bonehead took me off and trashed my car. its also the reason why i stuck to rallying, hillclimbs and sprints - as you are on your own  - other than stage rallies were you either may get caught or catch up with the car in front which for me was rare.

i am sure there are some great events that are not like the posted one, but i wont take that risk.

22 minutes ago, OldStager said:

i have seen a few of these type of vids, and its the main reason why i would never do a trackday. i love driving quickly but would be gutted if some bonehead took me off and trashed my car. its also the reason why i stuck to rallying, hillclimbs and sprints - as you are on your own  - other than stage rallies were you either may get caught or catch up with the car in front which for me was rare.

i am sure there are some great events that are not like the posted one, but i wont take that risk.

“bad” events are thankfully in the absolute minority, but it is a risk. 

Usually drivers are courteous and give lots of space, but I must admit I drive a lot closer with friends that I trust than I would with strangers....although that has gone wrong in the past! 

4 minutes ago, BenD said:

ive been on a fair few trackdays and ive never seen anything like that

That’s because you’re usually facing the wrong way ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

That’s because you’re usually facing the wrong way ;)

only on the sighting laps. when the tracks open im ok

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

“bad” events are thankfully in the absolute minority, but it is a risk. 

Usually drivers are courteous and give lots of space, but I must admit I drive a lot closer with friends that I trust than I would with strangers....although that has gone wrong in the past! 

yes, i would imagine if it was just an event for say just club members that i would like to think we all knew how to behave on track, as you say things can go wrong but i dont think we would get stuff like the vid posted. i did once catch a car on a stage and even then he braked tested me  because he didnt want me to pass, so it even happens on competitive events.

Seems to me on that video there's clearly novice track day drivers mixed in with experience drivers and what's clearly a very congested track. A recipe for disaster IMO.

That's funny because at Cadwell last week there were some 'interesting' types who arrived for the evening session.. parking without consideration to those already there, I thought that perhaps a load of skunks had arrived because of the smells wafting through the air.. I am just glad that I was not on track with these potentially dangerous drivers..

The day however was great and most were driving with great consideration...

36 minutes ago, BenD said:

@Chris King guess who the tdo was. The clue is how many cars are on track

Figures. Tosspot. 

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

That's funny because at Cadwell last week there were some 'interesting' types who arrived for the evening session.. parking without consideration to those already there, I thought that perhaps a load of skunks had arrived because of the smells wafting through the air.. I am just glad that I was not on track with these potentially dangerous drivers..

After the great day, I too was so pleased that we were done when the evening hot hatch brigade pulled up! I know you shouldn't pigeon hole but I did!

Id be interested how that session went, there was a member on here came over for a chat who was also on the evening group. (sorry, name escapes me)

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

Definitely.