Motorhome and trailer route to Blyton

Andy Banks

I'm coming to Blyton from the south, does anyone have a preferred motorhome and trailer route? I "think" my usual route would be ok (I'll be checking) but the Moho is 8m long with a large rear-end overhang so might not be too clever on some of the narrow/twisty bits you might normally do easily in a car and trailer combo.

Thanks.

I would come straight up the A1 and then off through Retford to Gainsborough. Last bit is narrow which ever way you come to Blyton village but if they get the race bus up there you will be fine 

• Thanks 1

Make sure you turn left at the roundabout past the Jet garage and go through Gainsborough, my nav takes me straight on and then left which involves lanes. 

• Thanks 1

you could invest in Co-Pilot (Caravan version), a sat nav app that runs on your phone or pad without the need of a data connection.

Well used in the caravan world. 

We've toured France a couple of times using it and never come unstuck with our twin axle 7m caravan.

Basically you enter you vehicle dimensions, height, weight etc and it keeps you off "difficult" roads.

It only £25 but you can download it and try it free for 14 days so you could use it for your Blyton trip if you download it within the 14 day period

Thanks folks...

Set your satnav to Coach mode and trust it. Dont forget to use the GPS co-ordinates for Blyton rather than the postcode though

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CraigHew said:

you could invest in Co-Pilot (Caravan version)....

I've got a Garmin Camper 770 but thought it worthwhile checking with those that have done the trip before as a backup. I've heard of Co-Pilot, would be interesting as you say to try the 14 day trial; I suspect I'll then I'll have three routes to choose from 😉

never had any problems getting to Blyton  from the  south . your be fine

just dont park on the grass if its wet.

On 03/05/2021 at 14:14, Andy Banks said:

large rear-end overhang so might not be too clever

Slim your ar@e down then Andy 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

😁 :arse: