SOLD Widebody scuttle for sale

NickBW

3 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I think he means this one-

image.png.2c188df87dd89f5e2e4b2471e5012b4c.png

Looks like 'check engine' light to me?

or warning, helicopter about to land on you.....

• Haha 1

Never understood what the symbol was meant to be, other than it being the screen wash button, was so pleased when udated ones with a "normal" symbol started appearing!

CBS sell a fog light module that meets IVA with a latching switch. Happy days.

7 hours ago, John Dolan - Chairman said:

CBS sell a fog light module that meets IVA with a latching switch. Happy days.

But you said 'Momentary' John. Either way I suggest you recheck the IVA Regs, IVA module isn't actually needed if you follow the regs.

The rear fog lamp(s) may continue to operate until the position lamps are switched off, and the rear fog lamp(s) must then remain off until deliberately switched on again or,
 An audible warning, additional to the mandatory tell- tale light, must be activated if the ignition is switched off or the ignition key is withdrawn and the driver's door is opened, whether the lamps in (RS4) are on or off, whilst the rear fog lamp switch is in the "on" position.

Is this what you are referring to? Will look into that, thanks.

The IVA manual itself continues to confuse on this matter. A clarification was issued by VOSA, in their technical bulletins, confirming that the whole fog lamp turned off when lights turned off, automatically, was NOT needed on a kits IVA. 

However, I actually don't think it's a bad idea to have the turn off mechanism their anyway, and a significantly high proportion of kits do IVA with a fog lamp controller in place, indeed, it's been a standard part of a Westfield loom for a few years, so I've fitted one for IVA, when I last did it, and my Honda still has that fog lamp off functionality now, through one of Mike's FreeWheels.

If you are using a controller of some kind, I'd strongly recommend getting the proper momentary switch for it though; while some of the controllers will work properly with a latching switch, it does make operation somewhat confusing and fiddly. 

From a VOSA reply to someone seeking clarification:

We understand that there is some confusion over Note 4 in section 28 regarding the operation of rear fog lamps, the intention of Note 4 was to allow these options but not mandate them. 

The requirement for the rear fog lamps are as follows: 
The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit, 

But the other conditions listed in the Note 4 will also be accepted if manufactured / wired up that way, 

The manual is currently been amended and will clarify the operation of the rear fog lamps and the accepted alternatives, we have already issued a memo to all IVA Examiners with the correct information so VOSA Station should now be applying the correct standard. 

Hopefully this will resolve your concern 

For all the requirements regarding IVA can be found in the Inspection Manual which is free to download from www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval

many thanks 

Approvals Policy Engineer 
Approvals Scheme Management 
Scheme Management and External Relations

• Like 1

My understanding is if there is an audible alarm to warn that the fog lamp switch is on, then that's ok. This applies if it's a latching switch.

i am confused with that john, as that would mean for all the time you had a fog lamp lit a buzzer or other sound would be present - most annoying when driving, the indicator buzzers are bad enough and they pulse.

or am i misunderstanding the idea of an audible sound...

The audible alarm sounds only when either the ignition or the lights are switched off, and the fog lamp switch remains on. It's not a permanent alarm for when the fog light is on. That's how I interpret the IVA regs. Hope I'm right.

1 minute ago, John Dolan - Chairman said:

The audible alarm sounds only when either the ignition or the lights are switched off, and the fog lamp switch remains on. It's not a permanent alarm for when the fog light is on. That's how I interpret the IVA regs. Hope I'm right.

ah well that makes sense then, a simple relay setup would negate the use of a bleeper so it always switched off if it lost voltage and thus the use of a momentry switch instead. this is starting to sink in, i have never needed to do an iva, so all this is new to me.

also in the iva manual, does it stipulate how bright a fog light must be... i made mine and added quite a few more leds to the pcb as initially it was the same luminosity as the brake lights, i prefer the fog to be bright than these. i did contact vosa years ago and they had no answer to that.

Don’t recall anything in the IVA manual about brightness. Might be in construction and use regs. They probably don’t cater for diy lamps. 🙂

Bump.  Discounts applied!

• NickBW changed the title to SOLD Widebody scuttle for sale

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.