Update from DVLA on registration of new sport 250 westfield kit

Mike424u

No help to Mike, but I didn’t have any problem at all, just submitted WF receipts and engine certificate and car was registered in a timely manner.

Sounds like DVLA have unfortunately picked on your application to try and make a point, albeit a strange one based on the valid comments above.

B——- frustrating you’re caught in the middle Mike, hope it gets resolved promptly.

• Like 3

These are the documents the DVLA seem to have an issue with, I have removed the relevant information, and numbers.

It might pay to speak to westfield before filling out your  V627/1 for advice, as it could be something simple in the way the form is completed and information supplied.

Will just have to wait and see what happens next.

999546550_Enginecert.png

C off C.png

V627 1 example doc.PNG

I can kind of see why the dvla might pick up on that. A handwritten form does look a bit ropey to certify a brand new engine and is open to abuse. 

Not saying that typed ones are any less abusable but at least they'd look a little more official. 

22 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I can kind of see why the dvla might pick up on that. A handwritten form does look a bit ropey to certify a brand new engine and is open to abuse. 

Not saying that typed ones are any less abusable but at least they'd look a little more official. 

That was just an example, not the 1 sent in, mines typed

Could this application have been singled out for scrutiny because the customer name on the certificate of newness is different to the name of the person on the receipts presented with it for the original purchase of the kit and parts?

Everything now sorted out.

Westfield have sorted out the issue with DVLA,  Westfield pulled out all the stops to make it happen even though it, it fell into GDPR territory.

Thanks Mark, great service as always.

I wont go into the details on an open forum, but will just say its being looked at long term by Westfield and the  DVLA.

Registration number should come through later today.

Time to order my number plates and get it on the road.

• Like 8

Yahoo, Log book arrived today.

Cant say I'm over impressed with DVLA comments on the front, maybe its on all kit build car log books, and I just never noticed it before.

Or is this something new they are doing ??

I'm surprised they haven't add this yet.

This product contains no nuts or sesame seeds, suitable for vegetarians.

log book.jpg

Yep, been there for years.

just checked my v5, the same is written on that, together with non transferable registration number - q reg , in the special notes part.

Thanks for the info, Thought it was just me after my dealings with DVLA