1993 SEiW Redtop **sold**

Andrew (Fat_chap)

1993 Westfield SE Widebody for sale.

It is with reluctance that I am putting my Westfield up for sale after 4 years of ownership. I am selling due to the fact that over the past year (with covid and having a young family) I have not been able to use it as much as I would have liked, and I am also taking on a new car project which will further take up my time and garage space.

The car is a 1993 registered Westfield SE Widebody, correctly registered on the log book. It has the 2 litre Vauxhall Redtop engine with ECU running on QED injectors and throttle bodies. It has disc brakes all corners, spax suspension and front anti-roll bar. The car runs well, but hasn't been out on the road since the MOT ran out in August last year. I am booked in for an MOT next week, so it will come with a full years MOT (can't imagine there should be any advisories as it has passed all previous without problems).

Since owning the car, I have replaced the seats with better racing style seats, removed the windscreen (it was cracked) and replaced it with a carbon fibre aeroscreen, removed the doors and fitted carbon fibre half doors. It has carbon effect mirrors and has had the lights changed to 5.75" black headlights. It has a (home-made) lockable bootbox lid. I also planned on fitting a new dash which I have made, but not had the time to fit properly - available to take with the car if it's of use. I have changed the front grill to the more modern looking honeycomb effect. Also I have done an oil change and a sump gasket change, changed the fuel filter and recently fitted a new battery. I still have the roof, the wiper motor and wiper apparatus (included with the sale) if anyone wanted to fit a windscreen again, but I sold the windscreen, doors and pillars a couple of years ago.

The car could do with a bit of TLC - there are holes that could be covered from the speakers that were fitted to the car when I bought it (no radio and they weren't wired to anything, but needed to remove them to fit the new seats in). There are scratches where the windscreen pillars were fitted and the doors used to rub against the body and there is a slight oil leak, but hasn't lost more than about a tablespoon since I refilled with oil.

If you have any questions, just message me.

Westy1.jpg

Westy2.jpg

Westy3.jpg

• Andrew (Fat_chap) changed the title to 1993 SEiW For Sale

Sorry to hear this - very keenly priced I’d say!

I do hope it stays in the north east though and will be back out with us on runs as it was before Covid 👍

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 12:13, Chris King said:

Sorry to hear this - very keenly priced I’d say!

I do hope it stays in the north east though and will be back out with us on runs as it was before Covid 👍

On 28/04/2021 at 11:17, Andrew (Fat_chap) said:

1993 Westfield SE Widebody for sale.

It is with reluctance that I am putting my Westfield up for sale after 4 years of ownership. I am selling due to the fact that over the past year (with covid and having a young family) I have not been able to use it as much as I would have liked, and I am also taking on a new car project which will further take up my time and garage space.

The car is a 1993 registered Westfield SE Widebody, correctly registered on the log book. It has the 2 litre Vauxhall Redtop engine with ECU running on QED injectors and throttle bodies. It has disc brakes all corners, spax suspension and front anti-roll bar. The car runs well, but hasn't been out on the road since the MOT ran out in August last year. I am booked in for an MOT next week, so it will come with a full years MOT (can't imagine there should be any advisories as it has passed all previous without problems).

Since owning the car, I have replaced the seats with better racing style seats, removed the windscreen (it was cracked) and replaced it with a carbon fibre aeroscreen, removed the doors and fitted carbon fibre half doors. It has carbon effect mirrors and has had the lights changed to 5.75" black headlights. It has a (home-made) lockable bootbox lid. I also planned on fitting a new dash which I have made, but not had the time to fit properly - available to take with the car if it's of use. I have changed the front grill to the more modern looking honeycomb effect. Also I have done an oil change and a sump gasket change, changed the fuel filter and recently fitted a new battery. I still have the roof, the wiper motor and wiper apparatus (included with the sale) if anyone wanted to fit a windscreen again, but I sold the windscreen, doors and pillars a couple of years ago.

The car could do with a bit of TLC - there are holes that could be covered from the speakers that were fitted to the car when I bought it (no radio and they weren't wired to anything, but needed to remove them to fit the new seats in). There are scratches where the windscreen pillars were fitted and the doors used to rub against the body and there is a slight oil leak, but hasn't lost more than about a tablespoon since I refilled with oil.

I am asking £8000 for it, which I think is reasonable. If you have any questions, just message me.

Westy1.jpg

Westy2.jpg

Westy3.jpg

Hi. Is this still available. Had a red top Westy years ago and yearn for another one....

2 hours ago, Eds said:

Hi. Is this still available. Had a red top Westy years ago and yearn for another one....

Yeah, car still available and now got a full year MOT without any advisories. Message me if you are interested, Andrew

Andrew -sorry for not coming back yesterday. I have decided to up my budget a bit and see what else is out there at the moment. This would be my 4th Westy so want to find the right one. Thanks

• Andrew (Fat_chap) changed the title to 1993 SEiW Redtop **Price Reduced**
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Andrew (Fat_chap) changed the title to 1993 SEiW Redtop **sold**

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.