Westfield Carpet & Dash Delays

Andy_R

To anyone thinking of ordering carpets and/or a dash from Westfield (especially for the older vehicles) I would suggest you try and find it secondhand.

I certainly wouldn't even believe the amended time estimates that are displayed on the website!

My order to Westfield for a carpet set & dash was placed on the 6th November 2020 ... it's now the 26th April 2021 and they can't even give me an estimated delivery date.

From talking with Parts a while back they've had supplier issues and were incredibly frustrated by them ... but the lack of contact over the past couple of months has been noticeable. After chasing I heard last week that they are looking at new suppliers ... however purchasing hasn't agreed terms despite customers such as myself having already waited nearly six months!

It's a pity as Parts have been fantastic until this. I've even written glowing reviews of the service. But it appears they have some deeper issues at the moment. I have my fingers crossed this isn't a sign they have questions of the liquidity in the business! 🤞  

Sorry to read this @Andy_R         

Have you watched this weekend's release of project Binky? They recommend the carpet they've used. Could work for you?

• Like 1

Ah that is a shame. Sourcing a new supplier can be a slow process with all the commercial arrangements, new tooling setups etc. A custom trimmer might be a quicker option for you if you can't find something suitable second hand?

I used a guy in Hinckley to do my dash and he did a really good job. He said he'd done carpets for a Westfield before, but I've no idea if it was wide/narrow etc. so even if he kept a template from it, I'd imagine you'd have to bring your car down to him to measure up.

• Like 1

Any trimmer will have a carpet set done in no time. 

Especially if you can cut the carpets and take them in to be joined/edged. I've done it a couple of times and is at least half the price of buying a set. 

Must be a pain finding new suppliers for this kind of stuff for them to get up to speed and used to the patterns etc. It kind of sets alarm bells ringing though that WF seems to change its suppliers of everything from chassis' and bodywork down to trimmings on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

Hi @Andy_R. Hope life is good. Bought mine from Intatrim. Made to measure carpets although you will need to send a template. They also re-trim dashes. Might be worth a try. Good luck. Andrew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Hi @Andy_R. Hope life is good. Bought mine from Intatrim. Made to measure carpets although you will need to send a template. They also re-trim dashes. Might be worth a try. Good luck. Andrew

Thank you @AndrewBClarke. I didn't know they could do that with the dashes so I will give them a call. I still have the old carpet set so a template wouldn't be difficult to produce.

1 hour ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Sorry to read this @Andy_R         

Have you watched this weekend's release of project Binky? They recommend the carpet they've used. Could work for you?

I haven't @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO but will do now. Many Thanks.

• Like 1