Tracks and Noise testing?

Moodybonbon

Hi all,

I’m looking to take my Westfield to my first track day using my own car.

any advise on which tracks are good near Southampton.

I was thinking goodwood?

how do you go about testing your car before the track day to check it’s under the 98 or 105db limits?

Most westys are pretty good on the noise when there standard. If Goodwood is your closest track. Try and pop down when there is a trackday already running and ask them if they can noise test your car. Goodwood is pretty strict on the noise I think. There are a quite a few tracks that aren't really bothered like cadwell. 

Make sure it's thoroughly warm before it's tested (not fresh off the trailer) and bring the revs up slowly to the level required because one place I went to and over-ran the 4,500rpm very briefly had a latching style meter that registered the maximum. I have a resonant rattle in my Wunoff silencer and it's at c.4k rpm so I try to get through that quickly which renders me liable to overshoot.

Thanks both. 
yeah I will do, I’ll head down there one weekend. 

looking forward to getting on track