It’s registration time.... help!

Tony Bee

Ok

v55/4 filled in - straight forward

v627/1 filled in to the best of my knowledge with supporting statements that the kit was part built by someone else

do I put both these forms in the same envelope with copies of all relevant invoices etc

..... and the actual IVA pass certificate 

.... and a copy of my insurance 

... and a copy of my driving license 

and a cheque for £55 registration and £x 12 months tax?

all in the same envelope? (COPIES of receipts and ACTUAL IVA certificate)

and can anyone confirm the 12 month tax cost?

it’s all not very clear lol

Yep, that’s all correct.

Current RFL for PLG is here: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-and-light-goods-vehicles-registered-before-1-march-2001

I copied the IVA certificate for my own safety, and used signed for delivery. Somewhat unexpectedly, I got a package of paperwork back a few weeks later with copies of all the documents I’d sent in.

46 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Yep, that’s all correct.

Current RFL for PLG is here: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-and-light-goods-vehicles-registered-before-1-march-2001

I copied the IVA certificate for my own safety, and used signed for delivery. Somewhat unexpectedly, I got a package of paperwork back a few weeks later with copies of all the documents I’d sent in.

Perfect thanks

yes good idea about copying IAC and recorded post - I’ll do the same

54 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Yep, that’s all correct.

What rate do I need for a 2.0 ecoboost then?

13398731-3370-4473-95B3-A134DD77DCCF.png

Ignore the year. Its just plg so 280. All kits are taxed in this bracket. 

Screenshot_20210420-182936_Chrome.jpg.7da3b9bd09548a89aa9ba11abee2c83d.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Bee said:

knowledge with supporting statements that the kit was part built by someone else

The bold bit concerns me a bit. Do you need to mention someone else started it? If so why? If you have all the receipts and build photos I wouldn't mention it. It might cause a complication/holdup 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

The bold bit concerns me a bit. Do you need to mention someone else started it? If so why? If you have all the receipts and build photos I wouldn't mention it. It might cause a complication/holdup 

I'm with @Steve (sdh2903) Keep it simple! if build photo's show two locations, you could explain further etc.if asked, but I'd not volunteer anything likely to trip you up.

Thanks @Steve (sdh2903) and @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

trouble is the invoices that matter are in someone else’s name and address and that’s the option I chose on the IVA application so I’m hoping it avoids a question but you do have a good point

that £280 is in the table for cars registered before 2001 though so is that def right?

2 minutes ago, Tony Bee said:

that £280 is in the table for cars registered before 2001 though so is that def right?

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Yes. 

Thanks - ok paperwork completed in that case and will send 1st class registered tomorrow 

I’ve failed again

the v627 is telling me to send the paperwork to K&R, dvla, sa99 1zz but the 55/4 form is telling me to send it to dvla , sa99 1be

any guesses? 😅

26 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

It all goes to kits and rebuilds. 

Thanks again 😊

Paperwork all sent, I have to say its a bit scary sending my crisp IVA pass certificate into the hands of the Royal Mail!!

Interestingly I gave DVLA a call and they told me to fill in a completely different form, only after pointing them to the guidance on their website did she admit to giving me wrong advice!

She was ok with me sending in copies of invoices rather than the real ones but I still think that might come back to haunt me

The bad news is that she said they are currently on a 6 to 8 week back log

Anyway - thanks for all the advice, I now sit and wait and maybe by the time i get it registered I will have finished building my garage!