Warwickshire Area Curborough Track Day - Friday, May 28th - ONLY RESERVE PLACES LEFT

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

Mr Waterfall @Simon Waterfall Syman84It could of been one of two conversations 🤔 if it was with @LukeWit was about your video at knockhill , we couldn’t decide if you had no brain or huge b******!! Or it could of been with @BenDsaying how he dislikes being on track with you ! As you drive like Miss Daisy and act as a mobile chicane 🤣. Only joking Simon it was complementing you and your car , I’ve yet to see it in the flesh and driven in anger, I hope you’ve dried out after your venture over the border, take it easy and see you soon Andy 😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, HB46443 said:

Must try harder.  Giving the keys to an experienced driver was an eye opener.  Apparently my brakes do work. So the grass cutting, missed braking zones must have been oil related. 

Good to read you're finally happy with your brakes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aeg said:

Mr Waterfall @Simon Waterfall Syman84It could of been one of two conversations 🤔 if it was with @LukeWit was about your video at knockhill , we couldn’t decide if you had no brain or huge b******!! Or it could of been with @BenDsaying how he dislikes being on track with you ! As you drive like Miss Daisy and act as a mobile chicane 🤣. Only joking Simon it was complementing you and your car , I’ve yet to see it in the flesh and driven in anger, I hope you’ve dried out after your venture over the border, take it easy and see you soon Andy 😘

Would of loved to come yesterday but 2 in a week would of definitely depleted the husband points. 

I think knockhill was probably the best ever experience in the wet, felt comfortable with the car and happy even if I oversteped the level of grip. Didn't put wets on all day just a set of 185 wide 8 year old r888 that may well have been blocks of wood. Absolutely brilliant fun even spinning changing into 5th and 6th. 

It was definitely a day of strapping on you big balls. 

Glad you all had a good day

I also had a great day Friday nice to get out on track for the first time this year. 

Thanks to Martyn & sue for some great hospitality, sorry I didn’t say bye had to shoot off.

• Like 1

Great day as always. Thanks @Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO and co for looking after us and sorting out some decent weather. 

Shame the vtec on my motor didn't play ball but it was a great opportunity to at least test the handling and get a glimpse of the awesome possibility the s2000 engine has in these cars. 

Look forward to the autumn event. 

• Like 1

A most really good day out, well done Martyn and Sue, or should I say it was more than bl**** good.

But I must say that I have heard the lead singer of Lynard Skinayd said that the holy trinity is:

"Harley Davidsons; Girls in Bikinis; and good Ole rock and roll."

Maybe this should be corrected to read the holy trinity is.

"High Performance Sports Cars; A Load of Mates; And a Good Ole Race Track"

Just saying.

Love you All

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know everyone had a great time at this event but just to let everyone know that we also raised £100 for the WSCC charities! Mostly from all the participants but additionally a substantial donation from two of our long standing Warks members, Dave and Val Preston. I've donated £50 to each, Make a Wish and the Air Ambulance, through the WSCC just giving pages.

Thanks to all,

Martyn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Whats the date for the autumn track day, just want to get it in the diary and register my interest.

Cheers

Phil