Wooden steering wheel

Bandageman

Just fitted a quick release (Go-Race) boss for ease of entering exiting my wide bodied, now looking at steering wheels. Friend given me a loan of his Momo wheel to try out, but as mine is firmly a tourer, wondering how a wooden wheel would look. Anybody tried this, or got experience of the good/bad points. I’m aware of the obvious re crash impact.

Your wish is my command lol

this was on my Haynes 7

cant remember the brand anc it and the car are in Prague now.

it really was a lovely period wheel

D7231292-945D-4C39-B8EC-37FDDA9832CA.jpeg

@Gary Taylor  you’re ALWAYS one of the first to respond Gary, many thanks. I think I might look for one as I’m looking for a more classic look for Angus (our first dog Angus was a West Highland  Terrier).

What size wheel was yours? I’ve seen 350mm ones on eBay, but concerned that might be a bit big for a wee cockpit.

Have a look on Car Builder Solutions - various diameters of wooden wheels on there.

I bought one for my Cobra build and am very pleased with it

• Thanks 1

You can try Europa Spares too. They have a good selection of classic style wood and leather rimmed wheels 👍

• Thanks 1