Side repeaters on an Eleven

robhume

Looking for any comments please.  I've been looking at the IVA manual, specifically about side repeaters

and it states min height to be 350mm. I would like to position the side repeaters on the Eleven on the aluminium

sides, just where it meets the fiberglass.

The height to the top of the ali panel is 370mm, so just possible.

It's really so I don't have to bother about wire connections if I remove the scuttle.1088977274_westfieldelevensideview.PNG.b51b52545a705b75c9a0c5e9fbd97555.PNG

IMG_1309.thumb.JPG.9b13a490597fdee8bc738cad54040d77.JPG

Mine LED fitted just in front of the fuel tank with an optional chrome bezel - IVA examiner didn't even look at their positioning just checked they were E marked, if it's marginal you could jack up the suspension/pump up the tyres!  make sure you know what's on the backside of the panel as they only just fit in this position.

1171225773_Oct20atCerneAbbas3(2).jpg.efb7083b0ac54510ad5cf056dba18ef6.jpg

I've just been out to the garage and they're 'just' over the 350mm with the top of my panels at 380mm - 155/80R80 tyres at 20 psi.

• Like 2

Thanks Jon, looks like that will work but taking account of the fuel tank position.

Thank you from me also Jon - useful for me too as I haven't fitted my side repeaters yet.

Morris.

• Like 1

I was happy to fit my repeaters into the fibreglass scuttle.

As I have my front indicators within the headlamp cowling, I did not want "stealth" repeaters at the side further increasing the chance of other road users missing my signals.

Mind you, some of the very stylised light units on modern cars do quite an effective job of concealing their indicators!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO said:

As I have my front indicators within the headlamp cowling, I did not want "stealth" repeaters at the side further increasing the chance of other road users missing my signals.

Simon,

My front indicators are also the bullet type under the headlight cowls, the LED side repeaters are the same as I have fitted to my SEIW cycle wings (with an extra chrome bezel) and very bright (I know an owner who has them as the main front indicator).

I've fitted my expansion and oil catch tanks to a bracket on the bulkhead so once I've removed the fuel cap I only have to remove 4 bolts and 2 Dzus fasteners and the scuttle lifts off.

Jon

• Like 1