EBay Requesting Bank Details

Steve20

i have received emails from Ebay asking me to provide my bank account details as they are phasing out the use of PayPal.

Am always cautious when receiving emails like this incase they are a scam.

Is this genuine..? 

Your payments are changing by 31 May 2021, are you ready?*

eBay now manages the end-to-end selling experience on our marketplace, including payments.

When eBay manages payments:

You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account.
Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are initiated within two business days of order confirmation.

You have no more PayPal payment processing fees. You pay a final value fee that is automatically deducted from your sales.

Most sellers will pay the same or less than before.**

Learn more here.

Update your account details by 31 May 2021, or your ability to create and edit listings will be disabled.

*Please disregard this message if you have already updated your account details.*

Get Started  ➔

I had the same and went to their website and approached it that way. It is correct. Surprisingly they're allowing you to move away from Paypal!

• Like 1

Just make sure you log in via eBay and not using any link in the email - just in case!

• Like 1

Yes it’s genuine, they’re moving over to managed payments for sellers where the money is paid direct to your bank avoiding the need for PayPal. I switched my account over a couple of months ago and have sold around 20 items since then.  The money (less fees) has always paid to my account within a couple of days.  All so far so good. 

Same message to me as well,. Should have appeared in the eBay message box on your account.