Excited New Owner

Flying_Westie

Hello all! I have been searching for a while for the right seven kit car and settled on a '97 Westfield SEW. I moved over from the US recently and it is very difficult to get such a car there which is part of the reason I had to get one. The car has a 2.0 Redtop that was rebuilt with Kent Cams a few years back making 140bhp. There's some small jobs that need to be done on the car, including; fuel sender, paint correction, hood refurbishment, etc. that I have begun working on. I am hoping to meet you all at the events later this year! Is anyone from around the Cambridge area?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 7

:ww:from Norfolk (your friendly neighbourhood County)! That's a lovely looking Westie! 

Welcome from a sunny snowy Scotland , car looks great and hope you get lots of fun tinkering and driving her

Welcome from Essex 🙂 

I suspect you'll have a nice surprise if that ever goes on the dyno - it will be rather more than 140HP, I suspect...

4 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Welcome from Essex 🙂 

I suspect you'll have a nice surprise if that ever goes on the dyno - it will be rather more than 140HP, I suspect...

I thought that. I thought they were 150 standard, 165 with cams, 180 with twin 45's etc... 

Welcome! I was born in Cambridge and lived in the area for many years but moved to the North West a while ago.

Plenty of fantastic roads (and pubs) to explore in a Westfield round there though. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Welcome from North London Area. Great looking car you have there. 

Welcome from Suffolk.

You're probably familiar with both Mildenhall and Lakenheath US bases nearby.

:yes:

20 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Welcome from Essex 🙂 

I think so, I have an old printout saying it made 140 to the wheels but that was before the cams and retune.

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

Welcome from Suffolk.

You're probably familiar with both Mildenhall and Lakenheath US bases nearby.

:yes:

Yes I work over at Mildenhall

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flying_Westie said:

Yes I work over at Mildenhall

Cool. I've sent you a PM.

Welcome..from Norfolk..you will have to have a drive up to the Norfolk coast in the summer..or maybe we could all meet up on the Norfolk Suffolk Cambridgeshire border!

I managed to find a Westy when I was living in Texas!