Wanted front mudguards

nigel newman

Hi my name is Nigel Newman just joined the site, iv bought a 1996 with ford 1600 engine, would like to change the long front mudguards to just front wheel ones where can i locate parts please 07866 521941

Clam shells to cycle wings...

Id take your phone number off the post (edit) as people will reply on here rather than phone you, plus its a public forum....

If you google "cycle wings Westfield" that might point you in the right direction to start with....

Im sure someone will be along soon who's done the conversion and can advise on brackets etc.

There may also be s couple of holes to fill / cover once the grandad ones are removed.

The conversion can be done and was completed many times last year.

You need to modify your current cycle wing / head lamp bracket, install cortina cycle wing bracket and new cycle wings.

We have an image we can send showing where you need to modify your existing bracket.

• Thanks 1

On 10/04/2021 at 09:22, nigel newman said:

Hi my name is Nigel Newman just joined the site

Welcome from another Nigel - we should start a sub-forum.....

Your choice of cycle wings is three-way. Westfield do body-colour, which I'd guess most cars have. Then there's carbon-effect. These are simple ABS plastic and while they aren't particularly robust, they are quite cheap. Finally, there are genuine carbon cycle wings, which look really nice and are very strong (obv...)

Bear in mind that there are a couple of different widths of cycle wing. My car has 195 section tyres and my cycle wings fit VERY snugly. I've just bought a pair of carbon wings which are suitable for up to 205 section, so they are a bit wider.

Cycle wings occasionally come up secondhand in various conditions - good if you're handy with a spray gun, but you should know that colour-matching isn't easy - apparently Westfield's consistency with paint colours / codes is not great...

Your first task though is to get the other parts needed - the cycle wing brackets and the modification of your headlamp brackets - once those bits are done, the cycle wings bit is just a bolt-on

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.