Brands Hatch GP 19th Aug

Andrew

That looks so much better than the Indy circuit! which put me off BH tbh)

1 minute ago, Rush Motorsport said:

That looks so much better than the Indy circuit! which put me off BH tbh)

For me, the long journey there needs to be to the big circuit. If I was closer I'd have a go at the National, but I get the feeling that with the close proximity to Laaaaaandon.. they're always going to busy both on and off track.

Second vid:

Yours truly at the wheel. The data logger died around mid day, so no overlay. This one is one of my last sessions. The car was miss-firing a little but it didn't spoil the fun too much.  Tried and failed to keep up with the yellow Caterham I'd had a passenger lap in.. 

All in all though.. it was an excellent day. 😎

Unusual for you to do pax laps Andrew - what drove that decision?

1 hour ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Unusual for you to do pax laps Andrew - what drove that decision?

It's not that unusual Russ.

It's the first "new" circuit I've done for years. Tbh, when I hear people say get instruction early in the day at a new circuit.. that is definitely the case here. I picked up a couple of little lines where I'd been doing it wrong. 

One thing I wasn't prepared for in the Cat, was the lack of screen on the passenger side,  the 110mph slipstream was nearly taking my head off! Made me appreciate how good the Westy double bubble is. 🙂 

• Like 1

Hope you didn't get a nosebleed coming this far south.     I haven't done the GP cct. yet mainly due to the cost but would go if any other WSCC member went there.   Trying to convince the southerners is fruitless,  the cost of housing is horrendous and eats into disposabal income.  Even the Indy cct. can cost over £400 in summer on 'noisy days'

6 minutes ago, SootySport said:

I haven't done the GP cct. yet mainly due to the cost but would go if any other WSCC member went there.

Definitely worth doing! .. it is pricey, but if two can share a car it makes it a bit more reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Definitely worth doing! .. it is pricey, but if two can share a car it makes it a bit more reasonable. 

Trying to get my son in  law to pay for his seat time is an impossibility but hes done lots of work on my house for nowt, cant complain really.

• Like 1