Facet Lift Pumps

Kent Westfield

Chris King

Back to the original question about the facet silvertop and future upgrades. 

The pump mentioned should flow 30 gallons per hour. That’s around 2.25 litres a minute. Which is enough to feed 4x 560cc injectors flat out. 

Should be sufficient* assuming my maths is correct 😁

*to use as a low pressure pump feeding the swirl pot when you upgrade to injection 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Kent Westfield

• Glen_I

• Matt_S

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That fuel pump looks fine but your carbs will want to see no more than about 3 PSI. If your fuel pump pressure rating is higher than that (which most are) then my advice would be to fit a fuel pressur

Do you know if this is the same for a malpassi high pressure regulator?   Have had one on mine for the last 6 years (19,000 miles) and never thought to remove it?

It’s like anything, there may be a relatively small chance of failure, but it’s there. And it’s one of those items that if it does fail on the high pressure side won’t end well.   As I found

Posted Images

Kent Westfield

Thanks all. I did check my system and it does appear that have a malpossi fuel pressure regulator . 

I always thought this was only a fuel filter but I stand re-educated on the matter.

I have also ordered a non return valve to be belt and braces that fuel does not back flow into the tank on key off.

C644357B-B521-4D79-8C36-AC672B70C56F.jpeg

BillyPee
18 hours ago, Kent Westfield said:

Thanks all. I did check my system and it does appear that have a malpossi fuel pressure regulator . 

I always thought this was only a fuel filter but I stand re-educated on the matter.

That is good news 👍.

Hopefully it is set correctly already as it isn't the model that you can screw a gauge into. You would need to put a gauge in line between the FPR and the carbs in order to know what pressure it is regulating to. I'd be inclined to assume it is fine as is (unless you are suffering from fuel leaks at the carbs). It is something that you can have checked and adjusted at your next rolling road session.

• Like 1