New member Leics 🖐🏻

James M

16 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

blue defo high beam

Unless previous owner wanted a blue light when the handbrake was on. As I said it’s a kit car so could literally be anything 😁

But yes, blue is universally accepted as main beam indication 👍

My counter only goes to 10k for a 919 fireblade???

could definitely be wrong about BEC lol

it has been known 

1 hour ago, Chris King said:

Thing is - it’s a kit car. Built by a bloke in a shed, then tinkered with by the next (insert number here) owners. 

Those lights could be for any number of things (inc those mentioned above). They might not even work. 

Also, the previous owner could have a very different idea of what colour lights made sense to them rather than you. 

You will need to switch it on and see what they do to get some clues 😁

Looks like it has shift lights - but then again, they could be fuel level if that’s what the previous owner fancied!

ah right yeah didn't think of that 😆

was just scratching my head last night as to what they were.   The previous owner is delivering the car up to me so we'll have a quick recap and see whats what. 

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

I would imagine Blue will be Main Beam, Red will be the Alternator charge lamp and Orange maybe an Oil pressure warning lamp. Are there no Green lamps (for indicators)?

Where is the image from? Is it one you've taken of a car you're looking at? If so, do you have any more images or a link to the 'For sale' advert?

And welcome by the way too. :yes:

Yes theres more green lights on dash as well and more gauges , ill get some proper pics up when the car arrives 👍

6 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

it has been known 

nah its a car engine mate, dont think it wil be getting to the 10 k revs 

13 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

it has been known 

I think the 919 can safely rev to around 11,500 - but that’s just a memory from my biking days 🤣

But does just go to prove that with kit cars expect the unexpected!

yes she has arrived today 😆😀

Ill get some pics up shortly 👍

worked out those lights , yes blue is headlamp, orange oil and red to do with the alternator? I think 

just giving it a proper check over and clean, thankfully we have a car port as its been sleeting today. 

• Like 1

Here we are then , my first westy.😁

Really happy with the spec , st170 engine, willwoods, compomotive wheels, full cage, lsd, pretty much ticked the right boxes for what I was after. The colour I don't think I would spec but it will grow on me, possibly 😆

Seems to go and stop well , cosmetically she won't be winning any awards right now, but Im more into driving than detailing.  Hope to be getting it out onto some tracks this year 👍

20210411_165221.jpg

20210411_174411 - Copy.jpg

• Like 8

Well first impressions- wow love it , really enjoyed working on it as well, so good to work on such a simple car.

Had a little drive yesterday on some local b roads loved it , but very bumpy and still quite chilly. I should have checked the tyre pressures before 😆 they were around 27-28 psi dropped them down to 20 seems alot better 👍

Today I cleaned the throttle bodies ( already done air filter) as I noticed at idle pulling up to junctions it stalled on me a couple of times , this seems to have done the trick.

You  have to rev it a tad when pulling off with this clutch but I guess thats to be expected.  Certainly not a car you want to be stuck in traffic in, it is a track car I suppose.

Had a little straight line test on a dual carriage way today and jeez , yes plenty fast enough 😄

Had to head home once id seen the fuel gauge after that

• Like 3

Glad you are loving the car, it looks a great motor.

I wasn't far from "Luffburuff" on Tuesday. I was cutting cross country from Gotham, through East Leake, Zouch and then having a blast down the Ashby Road from Hathern which are all fantastic roads in a Westfield 👍

Ah I saw that for sale, nice motor. 

when’s the first track day?!

2 hours ago, RobH72 said:

"Luffburuff"

Luffburuff? not heard that one before!

Lufbra/Luffbra tends to be the norm round here

Well, we can't be pronouncing the "ough" two different ways in one word!? That's just confusing and weird!

Maybe I've got it wrong and it's called La burra? 🤔😂

It's pronounced quite a few ways even in the local area! One of my college professors (who had lived in Loughborough their whole life) pronounced Lough like you would Cough, but the most common pronunciation is like Rough.

1 minute ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Lougahbarrugah

The good old Loogabarooga, haven't heard that said for a fair few years now.

• Haha 1