New member Leics 🖐🏻

James M

Hi there. 

Im James from Loughborough in Leicestershire.  Been lurking a week or so just trying to learn a bit more about westfields before I make a purchase.

Ive decided to get back to basics car wise and the westfield certainly ticks that box. Im coming from an audi RS6 so slightly different ha .   Loved it but really felt the need for a car more involving for weekend fun and something that I can work on myself.

Hopefully look to get a car over the next month or so 

cheers 

James

• Like 2

Welcome from a snowy Scotland and good luck with your search, if the there’s anything your unsure of dont be afraid to ask questions

Welcome - and good luck with the search!

Lots of really knowledgeable folks on here and you'l find everyone very willing to help with info and advice.

Welcome James, I'm not far from you in Swadlincote.

You will get loads of friendly helpful and advice on here, it's a great club and forum.

Now restrictions are easing, there's  quite a few of us relatively local to you that I'm sure would show you around their cars to help you decide what you want in a socially distanced manner 👍

• Like 1

Welcome James!

I'm also in Loughborough.  I'll second what Rob says:  let us know if there's anything you want to know/see/discuss, all in a responsible manner of course 🙂.

A Westfield will certainly be a different proposition to an RS6 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James M said:

👍🏻Put a deposit down on a westy today , should be getting it next week sometime  

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you about. Just down the road in Nuneaton here. Exciting times huh 😊

• Like 1

praying for some sunny weather this week 😁

does anyone know what the lights in blue , orange and red on the dash are to show , cheers

westy dash1.jpg

5 hours ago, James M said:

praying for some sunny weather this week 😁

does anyone know what the lights in blue , orange and red on the dash are to show , cheers

westy dash1.jpg

I would imagine Blue will be Main Beam, Red will be the Alternator charge lamp and Orange maybe an Oil pressure warning lamp. Are there no Green lamps (for indicators)?

Where is the image from? Is it one you've taken of a car you're looking at? If so, do you have any more images or a link to the 'For sale' advert?

And welcome by the way too. :yes:

Thing is - it’s a kit car. Built by a bloke in a shed, then tinkered with by the next (insert number here) owners. 

Those lights could be for any number of things (inc those mentioned above). They might not even work. 

Also, the previous owner could have a very different idea of what colour lights made sense to them rather than you. 

You will need to switch it on and see what they do to get some clues 😁

Looks like it has shift lights - but then again, they could be fuel level if that’s what the previous owner fancied!

10k Rev counter I smell a BEC

the orange light is maybe for neutral or and the red for ign etc blue defo high beam

craig

14 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

10k Rev counter I smell a BEC

Bike engines should Rev past 10k though?