Bosch 044 fitting help

Andy - a15cro

Guys, I’m making slow progress in my swirl pot install, I take one step

forward and then two back, I ordered the fittings for my pump but the barb inlet end fitting is too small! The outlet banjo is sorted.

any links to the right item and if it could be 90deg would be better still.

ive looked all over and just can’t see what I need.

thanks

14 minutes ago, a15cro said:

if it could be 90deg would be better still

I wouldn't, unless there's a real high head of fuel above it; the inlet side is all about maximising flow into the pump, due to gravity, (injection pumps are incredibly poor at sucking/lifting fuel.) Part of the reason why the inlet is physically larger bore pipe than the outlet. Any bends should be nice sweeping gradual ones, for preference, to avoid undue pressure drop.

What size hose are you running on the inlet side? (10 or 12mm bore are both common.) Though strictly, fuel lines and fittings when not directly in AN JIC sizes etc are often imperial and we just use the nearest metric measurement, so it's often really 3/8" which is more like 9.5mm and 1/2" which is 12.7mm, which can make it a bit fiddly when trying to match hoses and pipe stubs, where one is "properly" metric, and the other really, Imperial.

...is it a genuine Bosch 044, rather than an equivalent? (Some of the equivalents have different size end fittings)

A genuine pump is usually M18x1.5 for the inlet port, and M12x1.5 on the outlet. 

Have you got an anti-reversion valve on the outlet, before the banjo fitting? (They don't always come with them). It's not absolutely necessary, but stops the pressurised fuel draining quickly back through the pump when you turn the engine off, and helps maintain line pressure while running.

• Like 1

It’s a genuine Dave, yes it’s got the valve in as well.

my barb is an M12! That’s where it went wrong, it was advertised and I just went with it without looking at the pump.

If you haven't already done so it'd be worth sketching out your plan and then working out what connection sizes you have and therefore what you'll need to join them.

Put the drawing on here too and it might prove easier for us to assist you.:yes:

• Like 1

So what size is the outlet on the pot that you're using? And is it for push on pipe? (As opposed to a screw on fitting?) As in other post, I'd expect the pipe to be around 10 or 12mm internal diameter, (ID), or the Imperial equivalent - it would be handy to know if it IS an Imperial sized fuel line, as per previous comment, the dimensions don't quite match up, so a little more care on the end fittings may be needed.