Oulton Parks Season opener on Easter Saturday

cast iron

Watched this on Facebook earlier makes me want to have a go even more. 

How many rounds in a normal championship year, I know its probably affected by covid atm. 

General cost of a round and how are the classes structured as you were against some Tin tops as well. 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Enjoyed that. The second pass was a brave one Mark.. 😎

I thought that too, that is one of my favourite viewing spots at Oulton :t-up:

2 hours ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Watched this on Facebook earlier makes me want to have a go even more. 

How many rounds in a normal championship year, I know its probably affected by covid atm. 

General cost of a round and how are the classes structured as you were against some Tin tops as well. 

Have a look on here Simon:

https://www.darlingtondmc.com/series-home.htm?seriesid=86

• Like 1

I would budget on £500/ weekend , for a double header. thats fuel, tow and race car, entry fee, food& drink, then you would need to factor in consumables, or find a good sponsor

14 rounds in a championship usually, most of them double headers so only 7 weekends away

I'd assumed a BEC would be quicker through the corners than hot hatches due to the much lower weight. You had to work hard to get past them both. 

17 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I'd assumed a BEC would be quicker through the corners than hot hatches due to the much lower weight. You had to work hard to get past them both. 

will be those pesky K20 engines 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cast iron said:

I would budget on £500/ weekend , for a double header. thats fuel, tow and race car, entry fee, food& drink, then you would need to factor in consumables, or find a good sponsor

14 rounds in a championship usually, most of them double headers so only 7 weekends away

Suddenly sprinting seems expensive at a similar cost for some of the further away venues. 

Do you run a control tyre? 

19 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Suddenly sprinting seems expensive at a similar cost for some of the further away venues. 

*Cough* I’ve been saying that for ages!

38 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

The 2021 regs are in that link I posted earlier Simon.

Mark's in class E2, bike engined kit car. Tyres are anything from 1a/1b/1c.

I think that's right @cast iron?

47 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Cost per track lap on sprinting is similar to some of the junior f3 series. Specially if you are excluded for no reason after 4 laps in anglesey having put 1.5k towards the weekend as happened 2 years ago. (Note to self, today is the second aniversary, must burn the ldmc shirt)

I did run the numbers in my first year, and worked out on a 7k season for around 60 laps the whole season. This includes 3 sets of toyos, a crash that Adam sorted for almost no cost, hotel, fuel, consumables and and food... this sets you at 120 quid per lap (if you expect to be competitive at least in your class) anything is cheaper than sprinting. I wish i had run the numbers before starting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The 2021 regs are in that link I posted earlier Simon.

Mark's in class E2, bike engined kit car. Tyres are anything from 1a/1b/1c.

I think that's right @cast iron?

i did see that Andrew but would suggest everyone runs a 1c tyre to gain some extra performance.

Westfield for sale..... anyone?

10 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Westfield for sale..... anyone?

Late for this... but i do have an f2 750mc race car with a brand new engine on it... just in case you fancy it... 🤣🤣

Just now, maurici said:

Late for this... but i do have an f2 750mc race car with a brand new engine on it... just in case you fancy it... 🤣🤣

lol i was looking at it on LCB and thought it would be good for a go at 750MC.

maybe a big fuel tank in my car would be a start 

• Like 1