Softbitsshop

Pco

Hi as in the title has any one used these guys. Is thee any feedback on the supplier ?

They're products look great but all out of stock, do they make them to order and any idea how log it takes. I think I need one for a Jap roll bar.

Also windscreen has poppers is this the channel they say is needed? 

Also can I live without the zips to get in and out?

Any guidance given would be great

16174413100912580619730918999387.jpg

16174413558121024514355376307636.jpg

I used them for my half hood, hood bag and a tunnel bag; I have been very pleased with all of them.

Half hoods are made to order as the roll bar makes a difference and they require a couple of measurements off your car. You can submit these via email when you order.

The poppers scurry the edges of the hood, the Chanel they talk of sits across the top of the windscreen, in between the poppers and secures the leading edge of the hood.

As for the zips, I went without, so far that’s been ok, but that might change in future years...!!!

They are a small business so turnaround times are not quick, but worth the wait in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Got SBFS half hood, really pleased with it, went for the zips and pleased I did, makes getting in and out so much easier at my age! Plus In iffy weather can have the hood on, if dry you can undo the zips and tuck it down behind the seats, effectively gives you a targa top. If it starts raining, simple job to zip back up on the move.

As said it’s a small outfit and tends to make hoods etc to order, well worth it though IMHO.

I have used them for s number of items. You may need to persevere when contacting them but the frustration at times is definitely worth it.

I had my half hood that I originally purchased upgraded to include the zips. I wish I had purchased the zips originally as it’s so much easier for myself and passenger.

one thing I didn’t expect was that the hood with zips didn’t fit in my original bag and i had  to upgrade to a larger diameter bag. This is something to think about if you think of upgrading at a later date.

On the website it says fit a screen channel £67 or you for for £17 

What's involved with the fitting as I'm a tight wad and want to spend as little as possible 🤣

This is the screen channel as fitted by SBFS. It’s glued onto the front edge of the hood and is a push fit over the screen frame. Believe you can source your own channel and they will fit it, double check that’s the case would be my suggestion.

I decided to get everything in one go from them including heavy duty bag, seemed simpler to me given what I was spending anyway.

529ADEFE-79D3-4EFD-84C8-723CB5EE8768.thumb.jpeg.3682e100fd774a86bed5fbb5feace0ea.jpeg

Roof unzipped (it’s sagging because I didn’t have centre straps fitted):

20D7D9C3-5269-4D49-9AEB-D8D1C6EAE363.thumb.jpeg.fe14da1ad82daecb159bd0bc2744f835.jpeg

3B3DA29A-4135-4DFB-8652-3CBA51E798FF.thumb.jpeg.4f48ebd1d0c453dc69dd37ff10fa0da2.jpeg

Most half decent DIY shops will sell plastic 'U' channel in lengths of a metre or so, cost about a fiver per length - I did that works fine. Depending on the shape of your screen frame you may need a heatgun to gently persuade it to sit correctly. 

2 hours ago, Pco said:

Okay so another question do you need the steel straps?

Not sure what you mean, all straps on mine webbing.

15 minutes ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Not sure what you mean, all straps on mine webbing.

I mean the strengthening bars

10 minutes ago, Pco said:

I mean the strengthening bars

Sorry understand now. I’ve not found them necessary, but bear in mind my 250 has a 2” taller windscreen and rollbar.

Unless they were mounted under the centre section they would be a nuisance with the zips IMHO.

Believe others have made their own if required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Sorry understand now. I’ve not found them necessary, but bear in mind my 250 has a 2” taller windscreen and rollbar.

Unless they were mounted under the centre section they would be a nuisance with the zips IMHO.

Believe others have made their own if required.

Cheers for the help. Bought a set but decided against the zips. 

• Like 1

Received email from softbits saying my half hood is ready and will be dispatched on Tuesday due to Bank holiday weekend. So about four weeks from order payment. Got a storm cover from them, really pleased with that

• 2 weeks later...

Always found them honest and great to deal with. Yes, you may have to wait a bit for some stuff but give them a call before you order and they will tell you whether its in stock or if not in stock give you an estimated delivery date. Great quality as well.  Have bought 4 items since November..