Number plate placement

snowy892

Hi, 

As in the photo, has anyone every placed their number plate here? 

I'm looking to get the back wrapped so want the plate out of the way. 

I am open to other suggestions in you have any. 

Many thanks

20210330_172911.jpg

I can't see anything on the .gov websites that say you can't, unless I missed something. My only concern would be your nearside over the shoulder view will be compromised a bit, I carried some stuff back from a DIY store once with your marked area filled with paint cans, it did reduce my vision. Can you not get it wrapped and then put it back where it is?.

Don’t forget you will still need a number plate light if you mount it on the rollbar

I could put the number plate back on but I've never liked the two holes from the spare wheel holder!! 

I've got the number plate light sorted by using a small LED light. 

1 minute ago, snowy892 said:

I could put the number plate back on but I've never liked the two holes from the spare wheel holder!! 

I've got the number plate light sorted by using a small LED light. 

You can fill those and cover with your wrap.

Besides which if you move it to your suggested location, those holes will be even more visible, needing filling anyway. Unless I mis understand you.

Thanks Oldstager, my intention is to remove number plate, cover holes with the wrap and locate number plate in new position. Ive found some bull bar lighting clamps which look like i could use to hold the number plate onto the Roll bar. 

You’ll make it look like a cheap home built kit car IMO! Leave it where it is...

1 minute ago, snowy892 said:

Thanks Oldstager, my intention is to remove number plate, cover holes with the wrap and locate number plate in new position. Ive found some bull bar lighting clamps which look like i could use to hold the number plate onto the Roll bar. 

Well in that case that would sort it then 🙂, oh and to answer the question in your first line, no I haven't seen one there before.

Just now, Rush Motorsport said:

You’ll make it look like a cheap home built kit car IMO! Leave it where it is...

I would have said that, but it's not my car 😉

thanks guys, thats the trouble with these cars, you think you've come up with a great idea messing around with certain things. It's only when you get the honest truth you sit back any say 'fair enough' it stays where it is...... 

(for the time being!!!)  

• Like 3

The regs do specify the plates should be on the front and the rear of the vehicle, and the interpretation used by the police/courts, seems to be that also is implicitly the outside of the vehicle. Admitedly being a convertible blurs those lines somewhat, but the position you suggest is inside the vehicle, to all intents ind purposes.

Most coppers would probably ignore it, but any luggage in the boot box, use of any sort of hood or half hood etc, and you could see a big fine heading your way if you got an officer in a bad mood!

Plus, to my eyes, where you suggest, does kind of make it look like a skip lorry!

• Haha 1

Another (pedantic) point is that, it's likely that most polis will give it a momentary thought and think 'whatever' and let it go however, if you're also intending to blur the lines re spacing/font/size, then there's a potential for them to pull you to talk to you about that and then possibly bring up plate positioning ... ... if that makes sense!