SOLD - RAC Roll Bar

Andy - a15cro

I hope Im not jumping the gun, however I am hoping to be installing a cage soon so Im offering my RAC Roll bar for wide body up for sale.

In good condition, but would look brand new with a bit of a spouse up. Its got the benefit of a hight level brake light with hidden wiring and a very nice install if I do say so myself ;)  Rose Joints, all the nuts and bolts you could wish for. Really easy to fit and sits a bit higher than a standard Westfield one, thats why I went this route, as my head felt very exposed sitting tighter than the original bar.

Looking for £130 but offers will be considered.

Shipping/courier to be worked out.

DEC3B803-A2A3-4F37-9494-F1B388527D6C.jpeg

EE4EBC4A-401D-4073-A21C-DD5895BEF846.jpeg

71CA6384-8052-4914-BB97-37AAD8ABF91A.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

Narrow? 🤞

Wide body

If there’s space left I might even be at Caldwell, if I’ve a cage, if not it will still be on and I could strip it off after the sessions.

Theres always a way.

Hi Andy, do you know if weather gear will go over the top? If so I’ll have it off you please. I’ll PM you

17 minutes ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

Hi Andy, do you know if weather gear will go over the top? If so I’ll have it off you please. I’ll PM you

Not sure, need to throw this one out to the wider audience.

26 minutes ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

If it's the same as mine ( and it looks it), I had to make a whole new soft top, the RAC bar is a fair bit taller than the bar WF supplied. So for me, the poppers on the soft top were a few inches short of connecting with their opposite number on the bodywork. Easy to make a new roof however.

1 hour ago, a15cro said:

Not sure, need to throw this one out to the wider audience.

Technically yes. (But it’s somewhat dependant on the age of the weather gear you have), The main hood frame hoop is actually more or less the same height as the RAC bar, so what some do, is cut the main hoop off, along with the rear hoop, (which would hit the RAC bar, if you tried to fold the frame down, once fitted, and just use the front hoop, that extends over the drivers and passengers heads.

The factory did it a better way though, they had an RAC fitting kit for the hood frame, back in the day. (Not been available for years) but easy enough to make.

The fitting kit, was basically a set of bolt in extensions that fitted between the frame and the chassis mounts. It would let the frame swing up, and then slide out far enough to go over the top of the RAC bar, before dropping back down into the normal position once past the roll bar.

Note: I’ve found some of the earlier to mid nineties hood frames to be around 20mm give or take, lower than the later ZK roof frames of the 2000’s. The hoods, were also shorter around the rear of the tub to match. (Most of these earlier hoods are white/light grey inside, black outside, unlike the later ones, that are black both sides.) an early hood won’t fit a late frame, it doesn’t reach the bodywork! Whilst a late hood will fit an early frame, it overlaps the body work too much in places, needing press studs positioning very strangely!

I have photos somewhere of the fitting kit, if anyone ever wanted to make their own.

Sold subject to payment.

• Andy - a15cro changed the title to SOLD - RAC Roll Bar
9 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Technically yes. (But it’s somewhat dependant on the age of the weather gear you have), The main hood frame hoop is actually more or less the same height as the RAC bar, so what some do, is cut the main hoop off, along with the rear hoop, (which would hit the RAC bar, if you tried to fold the frame down, once fitted, and just use the front hoop, that extends over the drivers and passengers heads.

The factory did it a better way though, they had an RAC fitting kit for the hood frame, back in the day. (Not been available for years) but easy enough to make.

The fitting kit, was basically a set of bolt in extensions that fitted between the frame and the chassis mounts. It would let the frame swing up, and then slide out far enough to go over the top of the RAC bar, before dropping back down into the normal position once past the roll bar.

Note: I’ve found some of the earlier to mid nineties hood frames to be around 20mm give or take, lower than the later ZK roof frames of the 2000’s. The hoods, were also shorter around the rear of the tub to match. (Most of these earlier hoods are white/light grey inside, black outside, unlike the later ones, that are black both sides.) an early hood won’t fit a late frame, it doesn’t reach the bodywork! Whilst a late hood will fit an early frame, it overlaps the body work too much in places, needing press studs positioning very strangely!

I have photos somewhere of the fitting kit, if anyone ever wanted to make their own.

Could that be added to the 'which bodywork do I have' type thread. Had I known this , it would have saved me a load of work years back. All a bit late now, but could be useful for others.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.