Hello!

Bales

Just thought I would do a quick introductory post to introduce myself. I am hopefully going to be getting a Westfield within the next few weeks or months depending on how the search goes. I have always been heavily into cars since 17 (now 37) and have had various things over the years from a stripped out 205 GTI with a 2.0 Turbo engine that i converted myself (wish I had kept it standard now and I would be in the money!) EP3 Civic Type R with 240bhp, MX5, Seat Leon Cupra, Mini JCW etc...so mostly hot hatches were my thing.

However the last 5 years or so houses and children (now 3 of them!) have been taking all my time and money and I have been reduced (apologies to any Astra owners!) to driving a 1.4L Vauxhall Astra and a Seat Alhambra as a family car! However it now looks like I may have enough money - and a new garage to put it in! - to look at getting a Westfield. My Dad has very kindly offered to go halves on one so I am finally in a position to start looking. 

I intend to join the club as a formal member as my eventual aim is to do some Hillclimbing as myself and my Dad have spent many years at Barbon and Harewood hillclimbs and we always say one day we would love to have a go at it - though for fun more than any significant desire to be competitive as I don't believe my testicles are large enough given the pace of some of the cars I see!

I am based near Blackpool so hopefully there will be some meets to go on in the nicer weather as I need an excuse to get out of the house and have some child free time!

Having done lots of reading there isn't a specific 'type' of car I want other than it being more road biased, ideally car engined with ITB's (sound is a big aspect of ownership to me) and something that I can do mild tinkering with rather than a full rebuild.

Hopefully something will turn up over he coming months and I looking forward to being able to join in with some local activities and meet some people.

Thanks very much

Alex

• Like 3

:ww:from Sunny Norfolk! When looking for a car, post a link on here to any potential vehicles. The help you will receive is extremely useful. 

Good luck with the Westie hunting! 

Welcome @Bales I think we have all been down the fast hot hatch route before, but driving any flavour of 7 is nothing like a GTI, once you have driven one, you will not go back... I too am close to tower town, without giving too much away ( if you don't want to) how close?. I am between Blackpool and Fleetwood.

Richard

Hello and welcome Alex! You will find some excellent cars for sale here so it is worth becoming a full member ASAP. Good luck with your search!

Thanks for all the greetings so far!

I am in the Over Wyre area so sounds like I am fairly local.

Cheers

Alex

5 minutes ago, Bales said:

Thanks for all the greetings so far!

I am in the Over Wyre area so sounds like I am fairly local.

Cheers

Alex

Oh wow, I get over there quite a lot ( or I used to before Covid !!) , I have mates in Pilling and Stalmine.

When we are allowed to, you are more than welcome to try mine out, as a car to rule out or in.

@Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO. will give you details of meets , if you contact him he will add you to the mailing list.

Richard.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll say I am very local to those areas you mention!

That's a very kind offer and I would appreciate that as I haven't really been in many - well one actually about 10 years ago! But it left an impression as I felt like I was going about 100mph and looked down at we were doing 50mph! I think for me that is the key as if you can have fun at sensible road speeds you are winning as some of the more modern hatches I have been in literally need you to be doing licensing worrying speeds before you get anywhere near the limits or feel like you are actually driving it.

Thanks again

• Like 1

welcome 

we all have the same smile sideways at 20mph 😁

• Haha 2

• Welcome from Buckinghamshire, we look forward to hearing and seeing your Westfield very soon, ti's the season!! 🥰

Welcome from a sunny South Derbyshire!

I came from the hot hatch route too and still have a track prepped R53 JCW, but it hardly turns a wheel now I have a Westfield.... there really isn't any comparison!

Good luck with your search! 👍

3 hours ago, Bales said:

I think for me that is the key as if you can have fun at sensible road speeds you are winning as some of the more modern hatches I have been in literally need you to be doing licensing worrying speeds before you get anywhere near the limits or feel like you are actually driving it.

Thanks again

Welcome

This is what brought me here. My previous car was an E46 M3, it was such a capable car, especially with the fettling I did, Sus, bushes and brakes. But that car that did 100mph in 3rd gear and it had a Tele in it.  What bl**** use is that.

now I'm picking wildlife out of my teeth. I'm much happier.

Good luck with the search

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SXRORY said:

now I'm picking wildlife out of my teeth. I'm much happier

🤣🤣