AiM VIM Pre Configured Vehicle Interface Module

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

The Vehicle Interface Module (VIM), is a Pre-Configured small compact interface module, that provides a light, simple way, to input voltage signals to the dash.

Manufactured in the UK by Aim Technologies, the module allows for connection of lights, left and right indicators, dipped beam, main beam, hazard warning, in fact up to 14 independent voltage inputs, that are then sent to the display or logger through the CAN II stream, allowing you to turn on the symbols or lights on the display.

The VIM Expansion adds up to 14 freely configurable analogue channels without occupying or modifying any of the existing system channels, leaving them free for anything else. This simply goes next to the fuse box, and picks up the 12v signal to the light to turn the lights on the dash on. It leaves the 4 analogue ones free, if needed in the future Connection Examples

New, these retail for £220 plus Vat from AiM Shop (UK), I picked this  one up second hand at a great price, as the wiring harness that came with it had already been chopped down to suit it's previous installation.

I originally planned to use it for more inputs than I did, (as you can see from the AiM config screenshot below!)  In the end though, worked really well for the six inputs I have used. image.png

A change of plan, though, means I'm not going to use this module, (I already have another VIM I'm using), and I can now get all the input's I wanted on just one.)

So this one is for sale, £120 posted, before eBay beckons!

Aim Vim.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump! (would take £100 for it, before I punt it in eBay's direction)

• 6 months later...

Bumpity bump! this seems to have hung around for ever now.

Must be handy for someone, with an AiM dash? £75 to get it moved on?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.