Hello

Pugsley

I might be getting a Megabusa thats been stood for a couple of years that someone finished but hasn`t been registered yet. I`ve joined here to get any tips I may need to get this up and running. I know it needs a clutch master cylinder and a new battery. Wish me luck.1177404700_small1.jpg.3644dfef500440ebd883979162fb279b.jpg

Edited by Pugsley
  • Like 2

Welcome Pugsley, thats a very smart car indeed, you will get any help you need here, so ask away.

How long are they saying is a couple of years, as some details like the side repeaters haven’t been done like that for more like fifteen years, or so! (SVA/IVA requirement) Of course it could just have been built to a very old copy of the build manual.

Welcome and the car looks good too, when you say not registered, has it been sva’d / iva’d ?

Fire away with any questions and good luck

Just a quick question, if nothing else just to satisfy my curiosity. 

Assuming this is a wide bodied car, do all WB have the anti- roll bar chassis mount  sticking out the nose like that, maybe the lighting in the photo has highlighed it, but can't say I have noticed that before, mine sits behind the nose, but then I am Narrow.

36 minutes ago, Gary Taylor said:

Welcome and the car looks good too, when you say not registered, has it been sva’d / iva’d ?

Fire away with any questions and good luck

I think it was built and was used on a track day with the intention of getting it tested and registered. I`m going to check it all over and see what it needs . My mate is an MOT tester so should be able to get some pointers from him too. I work for a Motorcycle dealer so should have no problems with the Hyabusa engine as we have a workshop and mechanics on site.

You can download the iva manual , as Dave said above there are a few changes since sva time

anything you have questions on just pop some pictures up and the knolagable will help out

I`ve managed to get a look at all the paperwork for thisnow. Looks like it was finished in 2007. It went for a test in April 2007 and went again in November 2007. Failed both times but less items 2nd time. I`ll have a look and continue this post in the sva/iva section.

A Westfield failing twice is pretty unusual, failing twice and still having multiple items is barely heard of.

Do you know what the second list was?

At the right price, it could be an interesting project, but in my mind it would have a major red flag against it now, too failures and the builder giving up, I'd really want to know a LOT more. It may simply be a case of a really inexperienced builder who lost all enthusiasm and motivation. Which is fine, it happens, and shouldn't be taken as a poor reflection on them. However, it does mean the build could be riddled with things done "wrong".

On the plus side, it sounds like you have good experiance yourself, along with mates who also have, and access to decent facilities.

Fingers crossed, it's just been stupid things to fail on. Worst case though, is you may need to strip the build back quite a long way and re-do things.

Certainly some elements, like those side repeaters I mentioned before, will no longer pass IVA. There will be more, even without the previous fail items.

But, get the car at the right price, and all that is sortable. It certainly looks like it is, or has the potential to be, a lovely Westfield.

Ideally, I’d want to see it on a ramp, to get a proper look underneath and around it, but at the least up on stands.

5 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

A Westfield failing twice is pretty unusual, failing twice and still having multiple items is barely heard of.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Very common to get caught by emissions, brake balance and/or the odd “sharp edge” - but you’d expect these to be addressed on a retest. 

Do you have the list?

What I would say though, and this is going to sound like a shameless plug, which isn’t my intention. :blush: :laugh:

If it was an inexperienced or relatively inexperienced builder, who found themselves in a bit too deep, when it came to the IVA side of things, and they were not a Club member, they could have been really struggling with how to “fix” the car, indeed, even knowing how to present it for SVA/IVA. There is a huge amount of info on here, and experience to hand from our members that makes a massive difference to the success rate of those going for the test.

Written information, outside of the Club, specific to Westfields, was pretty sparse back in 2007 and before; there weren’t really any factory guidance notes etc that I recall from back then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 16:22, Pugsley said:

I might be getting a Megabusa thats been stood for a couple of years that someone finished but hasn`t been registered yet. I`ve joined here to get any tips I may need to get this up and running. I know it needs a clutch master cylinder and a new battery. Wish me luck.1177404700_small1.jpg.3644dfef500440ebd883979162fb279b.jpg

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/brembo-rear-brake-master-cylinder-241420/

Master cylinder you need the inline option 

If it's the same one you have. 

Pictures will help