Swapping Kits

Lauren_00

My dad and I got a Mazda SDV Kit around 18months ago, not long after he had to move away for work which has meant the project hasn’t really been started. We bought a cheap donor car and stripped it but since then not much has been done. We were thinking of maybe swapping to a full kit, with everything fully supplied to hopefully speed up the process so we can get around to enjoying the completed car. Has anyone else done this? If so how easy was it to swap over? Any opinion or advice will be greatly appreciated 

Theoretically I suspect so, but I'm thinking the steering rack mounts and dash hoop would be wrong. You'd otherwise be replacing the wishbones, bracketry, some of the panels and whatnot so it would be quite an expensive way of going about it?

If the donor is already stripped, then unless you're refurbing parts as you go the only assembly benefit switching to a full kit would give is not having to tackle that godforsaken wiring loom 😄

The loom is certainly a challenge, but it's possible to sort out!  As Dommo says though, if you've already got the donor stripped, I don't think you'll be making it all that much easier for yourself by changing anyway.

I'd say your best bet would be to start a build thread on here. As well as the amount of help that got me from people on here, it also made me feel guilty for not updating it often enough, which led to me doing more work on it. (I also, selfishly, want to see another mazda SDV build) 

The mazda is an excellent value for money way to get a really nice car. Personally, I'd say stick with it! 

With the donor already stripped the only benefit to swapping would be that the parts are cleaner.  

id stick with what you have.  The Mazda SDV kit is one of the easiest Westfield kits you can build.  

I'm building Mazda kit as well, happy to help with advise if needed.
But if you want to enjoy a complete car, maybe sell what you've got and buy a complete car?