New here and interested in Scholar engined speed sport info.

Bungee

Like I said I will stand corrected. I do think there are various complexities around the category of write off so be careful and read up on it.

What I got told it depends on what category class it is written off, mine was written and could only be used for parts, thats how I read it🤷🏻‍♂️

Steve

Yup, that’s slightly different though. A written off car that is sold without chassis by a vehicle dismantler can never be a car again, the vin number cannot be reused. (The parts sold on by the breaker don’t constitute a car!)

In that case you can as Paul did, buy a load of parts from a dismantler and use them on a completely new car. This type of build is considered no different just because a lot of the used bits came from the same Westfield as it would if they were from assorted different Ford tin tops on a regular build. And as Paul said, it needs an IVA as it’s just a new build.

It’s a massively important distinction. Sentimentality aside, legally and in terms of market value, it not a written off car that has been rebuilt, nor is it technically Steve’s old car in any official sense. It’s a brand new Westfield, with many second hand parts from Steve’s car fitted.

You need to be carful with this, as it could make quite a difference to its value, if it’s made out to be a written off car, when technically it isn’t (anymore).

Yeah it is import to recognise that the car I have built is new in the sense that the chassis and body is new and many of the other parts came from Steve’s but where all serviced and restored with proof.

I also have a certificate of newness from Westfield to back all this up

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Paul Aspden The 2nd said:

@Bungee let’s see some pictures then

Might struggle being a free trial member. Best cough up and get the most from the club @Bungee 😁

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/03/2021 at 12:11, Bungee said:

20210328_120345_compress63.jpg

Is that strapped down over the wishbones? 😐

It was, very lightly, in gear, handbrake on, right by the ball joints. Minimum vertical movement possible. Tyre straps wouldn't fit under guards! Not ideal I know but she didn't move. 

• 10 months later...

Hi,  you seem to have spent time looking at the spec of a Speed sport.  I wonder if you would mind passing some of the info on.  I have just bought a 1999 Speed sport and would like to know a bit about what is orig and what has been added.  I’m particularly keen to know about the braking .  Mine is sierra rear discs , the front 245 grooved discs with CAT calipres,  twin master cylinders with bias bar.  I’m not happy with the brakes, but not sure how to adjust the bias.  The cylinder set looks orig.  It has LSD.  Alloy modified sump,  Jenveys,  Complcated cooling system, I won’t go on.  Hope you get this.

Regards,

Martin Stanford