Hello from the Isle Of Wight

Backo

Hi

Time to introduce myself

I’m a car and bike enthusiast based on the Isle Of Wight.

I’ve been watching the kit car scene for a while, attended Stoneleigh for a number of years and finally ordered my Westfield 7 SDV Masda based kit in 2019. Most of the built took place in 2020, with a lot of attention given to the engine – short block rebuilt (re-used pistons, new rings, honing, new rods, bearings, etc), cleaned head, Coldisde Supercharger (new TVS900 unit), standalone Ecumaster, COP conversion, custom engine wiring built from scratch.

I took the rolling chassis with the engine for a rolling road run-in and  tuning last July – it produced the humble 160 whp but with very impressive torque curve.

I have Intatrim seats and customised dash with a digital screen to the side of the standard analog speedo and tacho.

I’m currently fiddling with the dash and body wiring, hoping to sort all the little glitches and have it IVA compliant in a couple of months.

I’ve already asked a question in the IVA section, there will likely be more to come.

Cheers

Vasil

Westy001.jpg

Westy002.jpg

Westy003.jpg

Westy004.jpg

Westy005.jpg

Westy006.jpg

Westy007.jpg

Westy008.jpg

Westy009.jpg

Westy010.jpg

Westy011.jpg

• Like 3

Hello and welcome. How cool to have a post lift in the garage....

Id love one but dont have the headroom.

Have you made a build diary?

• Like 1

Welcome and looking good,as Craig said it would be good to start a build thread look forward to more updates

• Like 1

:ww:Vasil!

• Like 1

Welcome, lovely car!

You should be able to squeeze a lot more from the TVS900 once you have it through the IVA but that's a beautifully flat torque curve 👍

• Like 1

:ww: From Scarborough.

car looks lovely and in the best colour too.

• Like 1

Hi Vasil

Greetings from Sandown.

Glad there is another Westy over here.

Where about are you?

Lee

• Like 1

Cheers guys!

I haven't got a diary, I'm not much of a writer, but I might put together a selection of self-explanatory pics and some thoughts.

Just for reference I'm a doctor - anaesthetist and I also built that garage myself, with intention to build the car in it.

I'm in Newport and the standard schnauzer is Cody.

🍻

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vasil, just found this, welcome to the club, nice looking car!