Hello, anyone remember me after all these years?

Jon Murray

Don't know how many of you will remember me, I was an active member from 2000 - 2005 at which time we emigrated to Australia.  Buzz Billsbury bought my yellow SEiGHT off me, which I think he still has to this day (although it's now blue, with (EDIT) wide-track front arms, plastic doll, I think he re-chassied it and it's now a 4.6) ! 😃 

We've been back in the UK for a number of years and I've have been browsing the forums once again, getting a bit of an itch for a track car and the camaraderie that exists in this great club!

Just thought I'd say hello, rather than lurk.  This was me at Elvington (2003) if that jogs any memories:

DSC_4348.JPG.87dc71d5593d3b992a30c6c9437491de.JPG1603959067_V8PETREAR.jpg.b4b97e390b357b3ad269dfc045f0dff9.jpg

Once I'd sold my car to Pete, I attended a lot of track days and Speed Series events (no car, just camera) taking pictures which I still have if you need any from 2004 / early 2005!

Jon

Edited by Jon Murray
Wide Track not narrow track - oops, I've been away from Westfield's too long!
  • Like 6

I've got those same pics saved from that day at Elvington.. not sure how I got them. 😉 

It was one of my first couple of trackdays.. ever. I'm way past 100 now.

Here's one of you and your car, and I'm pretty sure Mr Billsbury, the current owner, standing on the left with his back to you.

1123034676_Group5.thumb.jpg.2a94befbef50f4a6a6a238ca6337b86c.jpg

It's a shame Elvington's not running now, .. it used to be a cracking winter venue. 

• Like 2

..and here's another from that day. I think V8 PET is in the back ground.

This was my son's first few moments on track. Half a lap later we were spinning onto the grass at the top corner! 🙂

He's since gone on to do a few years racing,.. with a fair amount of success. 

DSC_4332.JPG.4af2c3655c5dc5faf7a5ab0c1de0705b.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

The pintosaurus has changed a bit!

Same bodywork, headlights, and dampers. And, the crash hat's swapped sides. 😉  .. sorry, I should have said crash hat's swapped owners. 🙂 

35471640_458598401272146_56256cc75166483742720_n.jpg.9dbdf3e3bc85972d921a612fa160785e.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Same bodywork, headlights, and dampers

Bit like mine then 🤣B50CAB62-F041-4F30-BE40-80A64EF080C2.jpeg

5EBB3E3F-4C87-4003-B467-7011405C3DF9.jpeg

• Like 3

I remember doing a couple of trackday arranged by Paul Aspden and also a couple of sprints there. 

1 hour ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

I remember doing a couple of trackday arranged by Paul Aspden and also a couple of sprints there. 

I think that particular Elvington day was organised by "Hogman"? .. can't remember his name now..

Edit: Found the trackday thread.. organiser was Kevin Stabler.

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

I've got those same pics saved from that day at Elvington.. not sure how I got them. 😉 

It was one of my first couple of trackdays.. ever. I'm way past 100 now.

Here's one of you and your car, and I'm pretty sure Mr Billsbury, the current owner, standing on the left with his back to you.

It's a shame Elvington's not running now, .. it used to be a cracking winter venue. 

Ha, yes, that's me.  A bit greyer these days though!  😁

I think you're right, that does look like Buzz, he first asked me about buying my SEiGHT at that trackday I think, it was certainly at Elvington.  My last outing in that car was at Cadwell, but I'd already sold it to Buzz, so to say I was treading very carefully is an understatement!

Have done Elvington about 4 times, including one organised by Mr Aspen (I see he's selling a SEiGHT right now).  Was always a good informal outing, I particularly enjoyed open-pit format as it's good for tweaking dampers / ride height / geometry, etc and then immediately being able to go out and see the results!

I tore through a brand new set of Yoko 32's or 48's in one day there, as it was a very abrasive surface being an ex WW2 airfield.  In fact I remember being there when the full straight was opened up and the TVR owner's club were out in force going for 'V-Max', but they were gutted that it hadn't been road-swept as they were grit blasting each other at 160mph+ 😲

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I think that particular Elvington day was organised by "Hogman"? .. can't remember his name now..

Edit: Found the trackday thread.. organiser was Kevin Stabler.

Yeah Kev was an East Yorkshire lad and we both used to get a fortnighltly gathering of Westies together at the Humber Bridge or sometimes at a pub in Hedon.  I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I think he ended up being the East Yorks AO?

Nice fella, great snapper as well - taught me a fair bit about digi SLR's when they were fairly new.  I see he's not posted on here since around 2009 though?

@Buzz Billsberry is still a member Jon, he doesn't post that often now, but maybe he'll drop in. 😉 

So, all you need is another track car, ..chop chop! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon Murray said:

That's a crackin' photo - love it!

It’s my all time favourite and may have been posted once or twice 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chris King said:

It’s my all time favourite and may have been posted once or twice 😁

Has it? I'd not noticed. 😃

• Haha 1