Portmeirion

Jude - The Mad Widow

Has there ever been a trip to portmeirion? 

FB_IMG_1614780683267.jpg

I have been going for years, not always in the Westie. Was intent on going in March but Covid has stopped that, so hoping my trip in September is allowed!

Have done the trip in a small group, in Westfields, (four or five of us); the small numbers helped, as it increases the chance of sweet talking your way in to get some photos of the car amongst the iconic architecture.

fantastic place to visit. Seems way to many years, now, since I went.

Maybe you should do it again. I fancy going! 

If ever there was another trip out that way I would be in, although ( and the reason I don't do many runs out) being single and owning dogs ( or rather just the one now) so until nature takes it inevitable coarse I'm tied to  local ish runs. I have friends out Cheshire way so  a over night stop over would be possible . Big fan of the Prisoner series, albeit a tad confusing at times.

Portmeirion, as many have been closed with Covid restrictions. I can confirm March is closed (they cancelled our trip), April highly unlikely to be open (possibly after 12, according to welsh gov tests) - so difficult to plan as everyone is being backed up to the inevitable opening. 
Tough on everyone. 

I do remember on one of my overnight stays there, I took Westfield out to tour the Portmeirion ‘loop’. Omg Chinese tourists went crazy with their cameras! Took a while to get back to my accommodation!

Heres a couple of snaps, Bentley was ‘loaned’ from work!

7A201919-2469-47D6-ACEA-D7958014FADB.thumb.jpeg.0b653fd805718dd201f72fcc18384de4.jpeg

325FA2BE-A68A-469D-A91B-5DE8C4ACA1F0.thumb.jpeg.fc2691a04ee776134c53664c600da364.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OldStager said:

If ever there was another trip out that way I would be in, although ( and the reason I don't do many runs out) being single and owning dogs ( or rather just the one now) 

I have a similar problem - single with 2 little dogs. Mostly they come with me and I find a dog friendly hotel. I got a friend to house sit when I toured the Alps but one of the dogs has severe separation anxiety now. 

IMG_20200721_164708.jpg

Aww, cute Jude.

I did have 3 border collies at once a while back, I just have the one left now and of all of the 3 this last one has dreadful separation issues, to the point it's actually hard to even pop to the shops. I think being the youngest as he was , being around 2 other dogs kept him occupied.

This is the last one back in 2009 both he and the car no longer look like this, LOL, the bottom one is the other two.

inca west.jpg

RNK~1.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful! 

One of mine gets distressed if I'm in the next room... Do you think any WSCC members might be dog trainers!!! 

4 minutes ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

Beautiful! 

One of mine gets distressed if I'm in the next room... Do you think any WSCC members might be dog trainers!!! 

Would be handy wouldn't it, for me he is fine as long as he knows I am at home, I can be in the garage for hours at a time whilst he sleeps inside, yet if I walk out of the garden gate he's off with the howling. To be honest he hasn't got long left, he's now almost 14, his sister who I lost during Lockdown 1 was 15, not looking forward to the day it happens though !!.

Richard.

• Sad 1

Mine are still young but I've lost many dogs over my life, not much different than losing a human. Dread losing mine already! 

Just now, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

Mine are still young but I've lost many dogs over my life, not much different than losing a human. Dread losing mine already! 

I know, been around dogs since I knew what one was, and yes same as losing a human. I only had mine in later life as it helped my mental issues and not only got me out of bed everyday but also kept me alive ( bit heavy I know but it's true) . I am hoping that as I'm now a lot stronger than I once was mentally I will be OK on my own. For me this will be hard, but the dogs have stopped me doing things, despite loving them to bits. Only time will tell I guess.