Anglesey Mon 16 Aug - Track Obsession

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

16 Aug @ Anglesey  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone else was heading out West to Anglesey for the Track Obsession day on Mon 16 Aug?

There is a group of 36 Kit Car Blats (KCB) folk descending with a wide range of kits so thought I'd join in and hopefully get a decent day.

Any top tips for a Anglesey first timer appreciated?

Chris 

1 hour ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Any top tips for a Anglesey first timer appreciated?

Chris 

stay in a BnB!

Well you've definitely got me interested. 36 kit cars? 

As Russ suggests.. overnight camping at the circuit can be ... quite exciting .. as in, forget about sleeping. 🙂

On a nice day there's nowhere better to be. 😎

48579514581_49af5ffca3_o.thumb.jpg.8c0689a5337912fc97f23040bc3bed91.jpg

I could be up for this as well. Only thing that puts me off at the moment the way there covid rules work is sessions and no open pit lane

8 minutes ago, BenD said:

It's also a very abrasive surface. 

Like my personality 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yes going to an eclectic mix Kully is coming with his Turbo Exocet that was in CKC and a good mix of 7's and a few cobras i think.

I'll have fresh'ish rubber too which will help - Demon Tweeks stop on the way!

Yes I think I'll be going with the B&B to be safe...

Cheers

Looks like sessions all year 

Screenshot_20210305_142929_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Chris, Good choice, I was there in September last year with the CoVID-19 restrictions.  I thought the 20mins/hour sessions worked really well, especially as numbers dropped towards the end of the day, I drove every session.  If they run the same way, turn up close to signing on time and pick the third of the car park that has the least cars (or most 7 type) as sessions were based on where we parked.

We stayed in accommodation for the weekend including the night after so we could make the most of the day, there's a fuel pump on site but expect to pay a premium; there's also a good cafe for coffee/tea lunch.

The track is very grippy/abrasive so don't start with borderline tyres if you want to drive home on the same ones.

We did the 'full' circuit in the morning and shorter 'coastal' circuit in the afternoon - I preferred the 'coastal' circuit as it cuts out two straights and the 'hairpin' but includes the 'corkscrew', I think getting 'church' nailed the key to a fast lap.

I'd definitely go back the circuit is excellent and the views over to Snowdonia are awesome.  Final thought, the weather was perfect there was very little shelter had it been the horizontal rain that accompanied my previous trips Valley....and, knowing your luck, get AA/Green Flag/RAC cover...:getmecoat:

5 hours ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Looks like sessions all year 

Screenshot_20210305_142929_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Apparently the sessions work very well at Anglesey. I'm hoping it will be open pit lane by August but we shall see. 

On 01/03/2021 at 17:04, Andrew said:

As Russ suggests.. overnight camping at the circuit can be ... quite exciting .. as in, forget about sleeping. 🙂

On a nice day there's nowhere better to be. 😎

48579514581_49af5ffca3_o.thumb.jpg.8c0689a5337912fc97f23040bc3bed91.jpg

Are you booked?

3 hours ago, Michael Whitworth said:

Are you booked?

Not yet Michael. I'm dithering.. 🤔