New to WSCC SEight owner

Kerr205

4 minutes ago, kenton said:

Headers look less  restrictive than mine. 330 from a 4l would be pushing it in my opinion. I get just north of that from my 4.6 but its far from standard.

image.thumb.png.c4fb71b62fec78a409925a8f5a63e935.png

Your engine looks lovely! 

Yeah, I agree. I don't think mine is the 330bhp I was quoted. I'd guess closer to 250-280bhp. 

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

Anyone fitted TVR Tuscan headers on a Westy?. A mate of mine fitted a pair on the V8 engined Spitfire, he reckoned it freed up around 25 bhp, which sounds a lot to me, but I didn't see the rolling road results.

I'm guessing a Tuscan race car as they were the only ones that were V8 I'm sure. Might be a rare set of headers to find. 

Just now, Kerr205 said:

I'm guessing a Tuscan race car as they were the only ones that were V8 I'm sure. Might be a rare set of headers to find. 

Yeah the Tuscan was competition only, he was at Oulton one day and someone offered them to him. Wondered if they had ever been installed in a Westfield.

2 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Yeah the Tuscan was competition only, he was at Oulton one day and someone offered them to him. Wondered if they had ever been installed in a Westfield.

Would be a very cool mod. 

2 minutes ago, Kerr205 said:

Would be a very cool mod. 

Look cool that's for sure, not so when they are running, the heat from them is huge. He had to spend ££££'s in heat blankets etc.

Oh and welcome by the way, sorry my manners appear to be slipping 😁

3 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Look cool that's for sure, not so when they are running, the heat from them is huge. He had to spend ££££'s in heat blankets etc.

Oh and welcome by the way, sorry my manners appear to be slipping 😁

Thank you, thats very kind. 

Looks a great forum.

Welcome from Derbyshire.

Beautiful car, always had a soft spot for the SEiGHT. All that torque must be great fun 👍

:ww: from another SEiGHT owner!

When I got mine, the seller claimed over 300bhp, but I think that all such claims should be taken with a fair bit of salt.

1 minute ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

:ww: from another SEiGHT owner!

When I got mine, the seller claimed over 300bhp, but I think that all such claims should be taken with a fair bit of salt.

Thanks. 

Yeah, certainly feels strong but maybe 250-280 I'd guess. 

Thanks for the welcome. 

The one had dyno'd at 330 BHP, 350lbft, it was a 5.1L stroker with jenvey TBs (yes 8 of them) worked heads, dry sump and 6k rpm limited, 1000rpm in top and floor and it went like a scalded cat! To this day and probably to the end of my days I regret selling it 😞

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Yanto said:

The one had dyno'd at 330 BHP, 350lbft, it was a 5.1L stroker with jenvey TBs (yes 8 of them) worked heads, dry sump and 6k rpm limited, 1000rpm in top and floor and it went like a scalded cat! To this day and probably to the end of my days I regret selling it 😞

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

Is this car V8WSC? I've seen a very similar one on You Tube. Looks amazing. 

It was, I sold the reg on to a fellow WSCC member, so i guess it's that one you've seen as I never posted any videos when I had it.

Welcome to the V8 club. Fantastic cars :)

I had mine rolling road tested - 3.5Ltr Rover V8 - just under 200BHP and 233ft/lb. Didn't need any more.............

andrew clarke dyno plot.pdf

• Like 2