New to WSCC SEight owner

Kerr205

Hi Guys, 

I'm new on here so wanted to introduce myself. 

Scottish car enthusiast, name is Kerr and owned various 7 esque Kit cars but never a Westfield. I bought a 1997 factory built Seight that's been modified quite a bit and so far has been excellent fun. 4.0L fuel imjected built by JE Engineering and reportedly 330bhp. I'm not convinced its 330bhp but its certianly not slow. 

I'll attach pictures, I know its been owned by a WSCC member in the past. Anyone recognise it? 

Screenshot_20200912_102525_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by Kerr205
Spelling!
  • Like 2

Welcome to the fold.

330bhp should feel properly fast. My 1993 factory built SEiGHT has 255bhp now and seems quick to me!

Thanks Ewan. I'd take a guess that my car is closer to 250bhp but still quick as you say. I've owned bike engined ones before so this is so different to those. Opposite end of the engine spectrum! 

Do you have any idea on the complete engine spec. Certainly for over 300bhp, you would expect to see some serious head work, and a very top end induction system. 

Obviously complete opposite end of the spectrum to the BEC...but either way, it looks amazing.

Thank you.

I don't know the engine spec at all being honest but the fact it revs to 5500rpm suggest to me its closer to 250bhp than 300 or over. 

Certianly makes a great noise! 

2 minutes ago, Gary Taylor said:

Hi Kerr and welcome thats a lovely looking car I’m away up in speyside might get to catch up at some point

Hi Gary, 

Thanks

I'm Perthshire, would be good get a run if we can at some point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jenko said:

Do you have any idea on the complete engine spec. Certainly for over 300bhp, you would expect to see some serious head work, and a very top end induction system. 

Obviously complete opposite end of the spectrum to the BEC...but either way, it looks amazing.

Screenshot_20200926_121514_com.facebook.katana.jpg

2 minutes ago, kenton said:

Welcome from a fellow Seight owner. I absolutley love mine. More pics please

Thank you. 

I'm struggling to upload as the 500kb limit size is smaller than all my pics apart from these two! 

Headers look less  restrictive than mine. 330 from a 4l would be pushing it in my opinion. I get just north of that from my 4.6 but its far from standard.

image.thumb.png.c4fb71b62fec78a409925a8f5a63e935.png

2 minutes ago, kenton said:

I'm sure once you are a paid up member your not restricted with upload limit??

Ahh perfect, that explains it. I'll get on and register. 

Anyone fitted TVR Tuscan headers on a Westy?. A mate of mine fitted a pair on the V8 engined Spitfire, he reckoned it freed up around 25 bhp, which sounds a lot to me, but I didn't see the rolling road results.