Donnington in May?

Mole

Potentially looking at Donnington in May

Monday 24th looks good with MSV with a few weeks after Cadwell on 29th.. although there is also one on the 10th with MSV

Anyone else up for a trip down Craner Curves in May?

I'd be up for a Donny day. 24th is a bit close to a Knockhill day I'm fancying on 29th.. but possible at a push.. 10th would be better for me.

*** Correction. Knockhill day I fancy is on 24th May. 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I'd be up for a Donny day. 24th is a bit close to a Knockhill day I'm fancying on 29th.. but possible at a push.. 10th would be better for me.

*** Correction. Knockhill day I fancy is on 24th May. 

Will have a look at the 10th.. just quite close to Cadwell on 29th...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

A group of five would be nice to knock £26 off the cost too. :oops:

I wouldn’t count on the group discounts this year! 

I’d also be interested, would have to sort the noise of my car out first though! unless it’s a noisy day

5 hours ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

I’d also be interested, would have to sort the noise of my car out first though! unless it’s a noisy day

Noisy Donny days are £500+ 😚

Best not leave things too long, .. looks like silly season on trackdays is in full swing again! 😞

So far, I'm looking to do, Cadwell 29th April, Donington 10th May, Knockhill 24th May, plus the club Blyton day July 9th and maybe a Croft day July 12th.

2 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

What’s the noise limit at Knockers Andrew? I’d be up for that. 

Officially the noise limit is given as 105db, but they don't do noise testing, and I've heard some pretty loud machinery on track.

I don't think the local sheep are bothered. 😉 

i was thinking that 10th May bit close to 29th April in case any car (or driver) issues.. .hence why I was looking at 24th for Donny

Will watch the booking over next couple of days...  If a group is going on 10th then that might sway me!!

• Like 1

Just been flicking through my 2021 Burton catalogue.. Bottom of page 22 has Donny, May 10th listed as a "Burton Power trackday". MSV have it listed as just a normal "general" day. 

There's a 10% discount code in the catalogue for their days .. which would be nice if it actually works.. but the downside for me is that the day could be over run with knobheads. I've done a couple of RS days at Donny and the driving standards were very variable.. a mirrorless GT40 comes to mind, fast down the straights and slow in the twisties, and wouldn't move over. RS days are run as sessioned days and are fairly cheap compared to a normal MSV day, and maybe attract the wrong sort.. dunno. (Just to be clear, 10th May is a Burton power open pitlane day, not a Ford RS club sessioned day)

I think for now, I'll keep watching.. MSV have only listed days up to the end of May so far, maybe a better Donny option will materialise later in the year?

What do we think?