Any MT75 Experts?

Stuart

Guys I have a 1.8 Zetec Silvertop with an MT75 gearbox in my Westy. I've been looking to source a spare concentric clutch slave cylinder. Nothing wrong with existing just for future proofing. Originally from the Ford Scorpio Mk 2 petrol and seemingly unobtainable. The diesel variant is available everywhere but the inlet and bleed are the wrong configuration. 

Question is could I adapt the diesel one? Is it likely to have the same bore & throw and is there enough space in there to run a feed line inside the bell housing and make a remote bleed with kunifer pipe? Or would I be looking at a gearbox change if the slave was to fail? (I think the cable clutch is a different box or perhaps bell housing?)

Any experts out there? 

Trevturtle

If I remember correctly the slave cylinder also has a steel spacer  glued  to the standard slave cylinder

So you need to add that to any replacement. 

I know slave cylinders are hard to find but I'm sure an aftermarket one was found.  I'll see if I can find a link

mowerracer74

Hi, Not an expert but,  I have a 65 HA viva with a black top zetec and an MT75 gearbox. I converted it to run an external slave cylinder from wilwood. If i remember i will get a photo for you when i'm up the shed on friday.

Stuart

@Mole I emailed them today but thanks. @mowerracer74 that would be great ta. Was it an internal slave before you converted it? My second car was a 67 HA Viva. Cost me £25 and I did 30000 miles in it! 

I may have a used one in the workshop..I will have a look..

Stuart
6 minutes ago, Mole said:

I may have a used one in the workshop..I will have a look..

Fingers crossed. Be fab if you have