Kids and Westfield’s

jimbobtcc206

Hi guys

For those of you with kids, just curious as to what age your kids were before you started letting them ride in the Westfield with you?

Im looking to purchase a car again and one thing I’m looking forward to is taking my little girl out with me when she’s old enough.....I just have no idea when that is likely to be.

My daughter was 6 when I built my first westy. She loved being in the 'toy car' however I kept it to very short local runs as I felt she was a bit small under the harness for my liking, even with a booster cushion. 

She's now 9 nearly 10 and fits much better and again she always loves a run out (as long as it involves an ice cream stop somewhere) 

• Like 1

Awesome, I can’t wait to get to that stage. My daughter is only coming up to 4 so I’ve a little while to wait yet.

She does keep seeing me looking at cars and keeps telling mummy that we are getting a toy car for her and daddy to go out in 😍

• Like 1

My grandchildren were probably about 5 or 6 when I first took them out for very short runs in my (road legal) sprint car.

In fact, at the risk of going out of topic a bit, my grandson told me that he had a school friend whose father had a high performance car and was going on about how fast it was. Grandson then asked me if I had ever skidded, and if so what did it feel like? I think he was about 10 at the time. So we got him well strapped in with crash helmet on (it had an aeroscreen, and over 270 bhp under the bonnet!), and we drove to a place where there is a good straight on a quiet country road with no side junctions. When I could see no other traffic in front or behind, I pulled to a stop, then did a racing start, full throttle, up through the gears until we had reached a certain speed, then coasted down. He tols his friend about it when he was next in school, and his friend never mentioned how fast his dad's car was again!

Ha ha love it. He will never forget that day I’m sure!

There’s a certain road near us where there’s a dip, hump, dip in the road. It’s a national limit and if you hit it at about 50mph it gently “makes your tummy tickle”. My daughter loves that and is always screeming for us to accelerate out of junctions too. She’s an adrenaline junky already.....went on a log flume type kids ride at Matlock at 18months old with me!

what type of seats are suitable for kids in westys....I would guess more the sport vinyl or the sport turbo type seats as opposed to race type buckets?

Once the grandkids find out there's a racing car in the garage it's all they want to play with.  Even during lockdown they've had me walk the camera to the garage to show them the car's ok......

They have been up and down our street in the passenger seat but they're too small for a serious drive....

20200630_162339.thumb.jpg.86699ea810a91b791c9c5cfaf5131aec.jpg

• Like 3

Love that pic Craig. We do that but she sits on my knee on drive and steers (and presses the horn....a lot!).

This picture was when she was 15 months old....she’s always been tall for her age!

4953188C-D714-4C72-84B7-14AAF9923542.jpeg

• Like 3

The little ones do love a Westfield. My grandkids also call mine a racing car. At 3 years and 1 year here's their latest attempt at a takeover bid.

Gary

IMG_20210209_105645.jpg

• Like 4

My boy is nearly 16......but he nearly doesn't fit in mine as he is 6' 4" and built like the side of a house. I am quite glad about that though as he would be trying to take it off me in a year or so's time

• Haha 1

Still waiting for the grandson to be big enough! 🤣

IMG-20200822-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2