Body decoration

Badger56

It's probably lock down boredom but I'm toying with the idea of adding a bonnet stripe or similar to my dark blue Seight, thoughts , opinions, pictures and links to suppliers welcome.

Good idea, as cheap to do and reversible when bored.

I’m having some RAF roundels added to my dark green Westy, for a WW2 bomber look. But not until the lock-down is lifted, so I can’t post pictures until then.

Dark blue with stripes you say. 

These are 100mm wide with a 50mm gap (the width of a wide masking tape) down the middle.  They cost me about £15 from a sign makers.

IMG20191117132525.thumb.jpg.4c8036da8ec9e721d9d8ce9019e6f6a0.jpgIMG_20190627_081638.thumb.jpg.4d6e73456761442dc424e96e5aa8f511.jpgIMG20191117132707.thumb.jpg.d82db52b0bdc31675845ab5dac6a0d6b.jpg

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 14:23, McFrancis said:

Dark blue with stripes you say. 

These are 100mm wide with a 50mm gap (the width of a wide masking tape) down the middle.  They cost me about £15 from a sign makers.

IMG20191117132525.thumb.jpg.4c8036da8ec9e721d9d8ce9019e6f6a0.jpgIMG_20190627_081638.thumb.jpg.4d6e73456761442dc424e96e5aa8f511.jpgIMG20191117132707.thumb.jpg.d82db52b0bdc31675845ab5dac6a0d6b.jpg

Like it, did you get you front wish bones chromed or did they come that way?

No the wishbones were already chromed.  The grill was the hardest bit to get right, it is chrome tape, cut to fit each slat, and black insulation tape, at the back of each one so you can't see the reflection of the underside of the one above.

12 hours ago, McFrancis said:

No the wishbones were already chromed.  The grill was the hardest bit to get right, it is chrome tape, cut to fit each slat, and black insulation tape, at the back of each one so you can't see the reflection of the underside of the one above.

I've been thinking of doing something with the grill, I know some cut them out but that could look a dogs dinner, I may just go mat black but yours does look good.

The grille was the first thing I changed when I got my car. Just wrapped in black, not perfect but looked ten times better. 

I did also play with stripes across the length of the car but hated the way they looked across the ridges on the bonnet.

Capture.PNG

Thanks, the grill does look pretty awesome, with mine being dark blue black may not look quite so good, love the "7" though, had been considering getting one of those. 

I can't talk as I have the same logo as a decal on the back, although I was cautious to add Westfield into the logo. Although with a spare wheel about to be fitted this will go.

7rear.jpg

1 hour ago, Rory's Dad said:

... except that is a Caterham/Lotus logo. 

And? They're all fundamentally based on a Lotus Seven 

3 minutes ago, Marcus S. said:

Very true, but don't let a Caterham owner hear that 😄

1 hour ago, Badger56 said:

Thanks, the grill does look pretty awesome, with mine being dark blue black may not look quite so good, love the "7" though, had been considering getting one of those. 

It's your car, what does it matter what anyone else thinks.....

2 hours ago, Marcus S. said:

And Westfield were taken to court by Caterham along those lines and made to change the design to remove things like that...