Toyota UK - Proof of engine age for 4AGE - any contacts?

Beggers

Beggers

I've tried the Toyota UK customer relations team and they referred me to local dealership who said they can supply parts if I give a VIN etc but can't check engine numbers. 

Did anyone find a contact or email to get 4-AGE proof of age for IVA successfully? I think I did come across an old post a some time ago on here but using search I can't seem to find it.  

Thanks 

Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO

I don't know if raw are still active, striker kit car.

They fitted the Toyota 4age for years so may be able to help.

1960dave

As I have owned a few mr2's in the past I might still have a log book off one I broke I will look. If not I know a breaker of MR's.

Beggers

I got an email back from Toyota dealer parts department. Wonder if this'll satisfy IVA tester. When I print it has their logos etc on.

Good morning

Thank you for your patience in awaiting my reply.

The last year of production would have been 1989

Good luck with the project 

Kind regards

Samantha Eady

Parts Supervisor

Steven Eagell Toyota Northampton

Ferris Row
Riverside

Northampton

Northamptonshire

NN3 9HX

T: 01604 788300

E: Samantha.Eady@steveneagell.co.uk

steveneagelltoyota.co.uk

Award-winning dealer group, dedicated to complete customer satisfaction.

On 18 Feb 2021, at 15:01, Samantha Eady <samantha.eady@steveneagell.co.uk> wrote:

TME have responded with the following:

Engine No 4A0710479 was set in the following vehicle:
Model Code AW11R-WCMQFW – 4AGEL – from 1986-04 production

Of the different colours, I cannot respond, unless I receive some pictures of it, but since the vehicle has been re-build, and converted probably all the way through, it could be that there even have been none OE parts equipped to it. Sometimes they also install race engines from Japan, like a black top or red top, or blue top engine, which you can find on the internet.

I hope that this is sufficient information to answer your question

Kind regards

Samantha Eady

Parts Advisor

Steven Eagell Toyota Northampton

AndrewOBW

It's worth calling the DVSA to ask exactly that. They're actually incredibly helpful. The other option would be to call a few different toyota franchises to see if you can find one that'll dig a little deeper. 

etypebernard

I think for IVA you now need a letter from the manufacturer confirming date of manufacture or the engine numbers to be in the testing stations database on their testing equipment. If you cannot prove date of manufacture then the car might have to meet current emission levels I could be wrong but DVSA would be able to confirm this.

My last car had a 1993 engine with a manufacturers dating letter and I still had to make a fuss to get the tester on the day to agree a non cat test. The car had also passed an MOT at non CAT levels which the IVA tester initially did not accept.  

For my current car I have a 1987 engine with dating letter but on reflection OMEX advise that they can meet current regs with the correct set up a CAT and Lamba so I guess I could have gone down that route.

Good Luck