My Westfield anniversary

Phil Nelson

Nice write-up.

Love the colour scheme of your car.

Cant help thinking it would look exquisite with gold wheels.....👍

Great reading and a great looking car, well done! This would be a great article for inclusion in the magazine, particularly with some before and after pictures. I would suggest sending to your local AO but there isn't one for your area. Nothing stopping you sending it to the editor yourself though! 

Thanks for the replies.

I am continuously improving the car on all fronts and the colour scheme is a work in progress, sprayed in cellulose on a workmate in the front garden. I am currently working on the aerodynamics and experimenting with "wrapping" as it is cheaper and not as messy or smelly. 

My build diary is at www.10-42.com/westfield; if anyone gets really bored during lockdown.

I have been involved in the custom car scene in Norfolk for decades and have thought of becoming the WSCC Norfolk AO. I am in a good location close to Norwich and attend local meetings and some Snetterton track evenings with PistonHeads. If there are any local members who want to meet up after Lockdown, then I could stretch to writing an article each month for the magazine.

Recognise the "Sit up n Beg" pop?

Anglia_Front.JPG

Camaro.jpg

Capri.JPG

chevy C10.jpg

Chimaera.JPG

DodgeFrontR.JPG

GasserFront.JPG

NGTF.jpg

pop2.jpg

Tuscan.JPG

• Like 5

That is a great selection of cars, lots of different styles, era's and even continents, quite an eclectic collection I'd say!

It would be good to have an AO for the Norfolk area and you appear to have all the credentials. @Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep is the man to contact if you want further information about the role. BTW the Westfield World magazine is a quarterly publication so not so much to do!

• Like 2

Wow, some stunning cars there!

I love the 105E and that Camaro is stunning! 👍

12 hours ago, Nel said:

Thanks for the replies.

I am continuously improving the car on all fronts and the colour scheme is a work in progress, sprayed in cellulose on a workmate in the front garden. I am currently working on the aerodynamics and experimenting with "wrapping" as it is cheaper and not as messy or smelly. 

My build diary is at www.10-42.com/westfield; if anyone gets really bored during lockdown.

I have been involved in the custom car scene in Norfolk for decades and have thought of becoming the WSCC Norfolk AO. I am in a good location close to Norwich and attend local meetings and some Snetterton track evenings with PistonHeads. If there are any local members who want to meet up after Lockdown, then I could stretch to writing an article each month for the magazine.

Anglia_Front.JPG

Camaro.jpg

Capri.JPG

chevy C10.jpg

Chimaera.JPG

DodgeFrontR.JPG

GasserFront.JPG

NGTF.jpg

pop2.jpg

Tuscan.JPG

What a great selection of cars.

If you want to have a chat about the AO role, please get in touch and we can talk it through.

thanks Ian

Some awesome cars there! We can never have too many details! ;) 

13 hours ago, Nel said:

Camaro.jpg

GasserFront.JPG

No, but were these ever in Street Machine?

OK, I have messaged Ian.

Regarding WYD 143, I guess none of you watched "Wheeler Dealers" 😉

HYD 902 was on the  cover of the "resurrected" Street Machine with a double page spread and I believe the Camaro was also reported on much later?  The HYD902 Austin Gasser was originally a 1951 four door Devon, but the award winning John Stearman converted it into a two door "Dorset" for me, as these were all exported and used in drag racing in the USA. I built it to 1961 NHRA drag racing rules, which allowed the crankshaft to be up to 24" above the deck = "Old Skool" traction control! The original 40hp 1200cc "A" series engine was replaced with a 440hp N/A 6,300cc stroked Chevrolet small block with Edelbrock big valve aluminium heads etc. The legendary Ford 9" with Cone and Ramp (Detroit Locker) rear axle coped with the power and with 33" tyres and a 1:3.9 differential I could suck the doors of most moderns.

front1_small.jpg

interior_dash_small.jpg

interior_seat.JPG

Left_small.jpg

right_front_small.jpg

right_rear_small.jpg

right_small.jpg

Edited by Nel
spelling mistake

Hi Nel

Just seen this..

I think there are a few Westys out there around Norfolk and north Suffolk who could have a get together when we are allowed and the sun is shinning!

I'm up for that @Mole! Just let me get the rolling road session done. Then IVA'd. Then registered. Apart from all that, I'm in! 😂😎

1 hour ago, GaryD1971 said:

I'm up for that @Mole! Just let me get the rolling road session done. Then IVA'd. Then registered. Apart from all that, I'm in! 😂😎

Glad you are nearly there Gary, you put in some hard work..and it will be worth it!