Testing the water - another Scottish Lowlands Navigation Mystery Run

BigSkyBrad

Given the current situation, am I wasting my time organising it for 2021? I was thinking about Sat 28th Aug - that would coincide with the Drive Festival in Kelso on the Sunday, and the Monday is the bank holiday, so people could make a weekend of it. There is the ever-present thread of reoccuring lockdowns to scupper it at short notice though.

It takes quite a bit to organise, which I would have to squeeze in amongst my camper-truck build. So I would need a commitment of at least 10 cars before I started.

What are your thoughts, guys?

• Like 1

Hi Brad, Helen & I would definitely be up for this again, are you thinking same hotel etc ? lockdowns and travel restrictions of course could play a big part, but it’s a big yes from us 👍🏼👍🏼2F27AA15-002C-4A5F-8BB8-0DEC0E28F555.thumb.jpeg.38910b1ba12b1a69ef85dc1717729410.jpeg

The covid situation means I am not committing to anything ahead for this year.

I know many others are the same.

I understand how much it takes to organise, so I would say hold off organising until you have enough 100% commitments.

Perhaps just start sorting what you know can be carried straight over to 2022 if necessary.

All reports for your weekends have been brill, so it is definitely on my to do list.

• Like 1

I would be there of course, but talking with my head and not my heart.

knowing how hard you both work to organise things and with your own busy schedule of other jobs, coupled with the uncertainty of covid regulations then in my head I would take a break for this year. Nothing to stop us going ahead next year.

Also with a lot of folk not wanting to commit to things given the uncertainty, I think a lot of runs events will be very last minute / and spontaneous .

Our local agriculture shows have already been cancelled for July and august for these very reasons.

In my heart I want to do it as it’s a brilliant day out ( weekend away) but we are in debited to you both for organising it, so I think it’s only fair to you to take the hard decision now rather than later.

Regards Gary

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Barony Castle re-opens 17th May, but from the £84 we paid last year to the £165-170 they are asking this year, is it too rich for folks blood? I'm guessing that is the new stay-cation prices that all hotels are asking, to recoup their lockdown deficits.

When we were leaving the hotel last year, they mentioned doing us a deal if we came back this year, but don't know if they would still honour that. Gary, do you still have the contact name for the person we spoke to?

They just said to call and ask for the manager , I’ll check and see if I have a name to hand in the file

but that’s a fair step up in price ...