Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, corsechris said:

MSM is not the place to be getting ones information.

That's exactly where you saw the horrendous scenes you speak of?🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:
20 hours ago, jim_l said:

self-reported Long COVID.

There's a danger there too. We all know there are people in society that will use self reporting to their own advantage.

Yep,funnily enough the only people I know that have so called long covid were miraculously made better by their pay going to half pay after 6 months off on full pay🙄😏😣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CosKev said:

That's exactly where you saw the horrendous scenes you speak of?🤦‍♂️

I know people in the trade.

I’ve edited this response to remove some snark, but I will add, as a general observation, a quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson, a ‘smart man’ by any objective measure. There is no point in debating an objective truth. Much on here has been exactly that.

Funny after all the discussion of child vaccination last week our youngest has brought the lurgy home from school. 15 out of her class off at present. Tested positive yesterday with minor cold symptoms. Today she's been doing dance classes via facetime with her pals :rolleyes: I did test her again just to check 🤔

Has definitely reinforced my view that (healthy) child vaccination for the current omicron strain is a step too far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 10 year old is off school with positive tests at the moment. She had one headache, which cleared with paracetamol, no other symptoms - much like her sister who had it a year ago.

My neighbour’s 5-year old daughter, who has no underlying conditions, just came back home from four nights in hospital after getting COVID.  Her parents were beside themselves to say the least.

• Sad 2

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow, had a phone call this afternoon, two of my cousins kids now have Covid and got sent home from school, the father also tested positive today as well, so thats 20% of the closest family now unable to attend.  A rush call to get a webcam sorted out  so all can attend in 'spirit' .

We have focussed a lot on deaths as a means of measuring the Covid damage, which I have suggested is a flawed approach. We think, "you got it, you got over it, all is well" ..

Don't follow this link if you want a happy day today: 

https://gero.usc.edu/2020/12/08/century-covid-pandemic-risk/

Interestingly, the 1918 flu killed many more young people, most likely due to healthy immune systems unleashing the inflammatory response.

Our survivors, mostly the half a million that went to hospital and came out, but even the ones that didn't end up in hospital, what are their prospects for long and healthy lives, we will begin to find out, and may still be finding out in decades to come. 

• Thanks 1

Friend of mine a paramedic has been attending a lot of non jabbed infected covid patients recently  She is not impressed and now has caught covid.

Latest figures from REACT-1 are suggesting that neither vaccination nor previous exposure is reducing the viral load, meaning that being vaccinated or not has no impact on how contagious one is when infected with Omicron, so it seems the ‘get jabbed to protect yourself and others’ no longer applies at it did with earlier variants. Now it’s just get jabbed to protect yourself, and while the rules in place continue, to enjoy certain liberties.

It really is a rapidly moving target. Latest variant of Omicron, BA2, is apparently about 120% more transmissible than the BA1 variant. No sign it’s any more pathogenic though.

https://www.reactstudy.org

@jim_l Wow. That’s pretty terrifying isn’t it. Thanks for sharing that (sincerely!).

• Like 1

Kind of pulls the rug out from under vaccine mandates, Vaccine passports and any other restrictions dependant on vaccination status then? Including differences In self isolation rules?

Out of interest was this ever proven or studied with earlier strains?

Viral load with earlier variants was much reduced with vaccination (check the earlier cycles from REACT-1)

Yeah, that was my point, it makes the mandate difficult to support now from that perspective alone. There is still a very strong case for vaccination providing protection from serious illness in those not yet exposed (and recovered) even though Omicron is less pathogenic then what came before, particularly Delta.

Omicron is still killing people don’t forget, and from that publication Jim just posted….you don’t want a bad reaction to Covid

• Like 1

How is it spreading so easily by vaccinated people with few symptoms? I've always assumed coughing and sneezing would be bad, but that can't be as significant as I assumed - is it just breathing? Or are people licking door handles? 

If what I am seeing is being repeated elsewhere, many fewer people are wearing masks whilst simultaneously ignoring social distancing advice.