Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, Blatman said:

Was I being provocative? Yes. I do that, to stimulate debate. It's somethng I do often

Yeah I get that. And if honest I was being slightly provocative in my response too. 

BUT. There's no need to fall into the trap of following the current trend of stereotyping. 

All people that don't take the vaccine are selfish idiots. People who take the vaccine are sheep. People who don't want to wear masks at work are workshy. The list goes on. We seem obsessed with labelling people at the minute. It's not on and not even remotely true. This thread has shown that there are clearly people from all sides that are well educated that have made their choices. 

• Like 1

One problem with masks is that as I understand it, they can be difficult for someone who suffers from sever asthma. Other than that however, the ant-mask people appear to me at least to either ignore or fail to understand the purpose of wearing a mask. When I wear a mask in an enclosed space it isn't to protect me, because it isn't very good at doing that, but it is to protect those around me because if I sneeze or cough whilst wearing a mask then most if not all of the aerosol droplets will be contained in the mask and not drift in the direction of others. So when I see someone in an enclosed space walk close to me without wearing a mask it makes me very nervous, and frankly angry, because the impression is that they are not bothered whether or not they imnfect me with a potentially dangerous virus. 

So can someone explain to me why an "anti-mask" person feels that they have the right to make that choice to at best frighten me and at worst threaten my good health? I just can't see the logic of it, so can someone explain. Who knows, maybe someone can re-assure me. I have a number of close relatives who are doctors or nurses or surgeons, including 3 consultants, none of whom can think of a good reason for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I too would be interested to hear the thinking from an anti-masker about how their choices and actions impact others. Even if they deny a mask achieves anything at all, they can't deny that them not wearing one does impact others.

If I was in the group of those who couldn't wear a mask, I'd go out of my way to give others a wide berth....but that's just me I suppose. Not saying I'm a wonderful human being, in fact, I think a lot of the time I'm just an A******e, but there are some things I try to be considerate about.

I suppose it comes into the actions and responsibility category. Feel free to make your choices, but bear in mind they might have consequences beyond yourself and be ready to accept the responsibility for that.

To paraphrase a comedian I watched recently, "If mask wearing is useless, I've suffered mild inconvenience by wearing a mask for no reason. If it does matter, then by not wearing one I might have killed someones granny"

It always struck me how a lot of Asian societies have adopted mask wearing when suffering colds/flu etc - it must be a special kind of hell to wear a mask when you have a cold, but they do it for the sake of those around them. Don't hear of any anti-mask backlash from those parts of the world.

• Like 1

In reply to 'masks are useless' my reply, aimed at an unintellectual level, is "...when one is wearing a mask it is impossible to spit in somebody's face..." They can take it out of that!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stephenh said:

difficult for someone who suffers from sever asthma

I know of severe asthma sufferers who have zero issue with wearing masks.

51 minutes ago, MR.C said:

If Boris can hold out while March we've beaten this..........

😏Another new variant will appear before March

51 minutes ago, CosKev said:

😏Another new variant will appear before March

Ideally even more contagious, and with lower pathogenicity than Omicron. 

On 28/12/2021 at 20:04, Onliest Smeg (David Richings) said:

I know of severe asthma sufferers who have zero issue with wearing masks.

Add me to that list.  It makes my urine boil when I see healthy people try to use flimsy excuses to avoid wearing them, particularly “that infringes on my rights” or the “it’s against my beliefs to wear a mask” crap - well, it’s against my beliefs to interact with idiots like that.

• Like 2

My take on this.

If your so unwell, either physically or mentally to wear a mask for a short period while you are on a bus or in a shop, should you REALLY be out of your home?

I mean come on you can bet your life that if the temperature was minus 20, everybody would have a scarf wrapped around their face whether they were ill or not ???

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnootherunderlyingcauses?s=08

Interesting to see,just over 17k deaths in people with no underlying health issues.

Compared to the current figure the MSM are scaring everyone with of a total of 151k

• Like 1

Looking at two differing things Kev. The 17K are those who have died because they caught covid and then died of complications from it who were otherwise healthy.

The 151K is the figure of all deaths who tested positive for covid within 28 days. Some of those deaths are a direct result of covid, ie someone with a heart condition gets it and dies which if they had not caught it they would not have. Yes also some would be in my opinion erroneous to count as a covid death.

Mr,c, everyone is entitled to their opinion, for many young and healthy people they do not get much more than mild flu symptoms. However when this first started before the vaccine kicked in my Daughters ITU ward like all others around the country, it was like a warzone with so many needing help and Dr's like her having to prioritise who got ventilators and who was made comfortable till they died.

This was not Flu with a coat on and I hope you never have to see the way people died in that initial period as the medics struggled to work out what treatment to offer to the thousands who needed it.

It is clear it took the old, frail and those with underlying health issues first but it took 17K otherwise healthy people as well. The enquiry in the future will see what the real outcome was and we will also need to add in those who died as a result of hospitals cancelling operations due to full ITU wards (where patients go after operations) and staff shortages created by it.

• Thanks 2