Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

got mine two weeks ago, knocked me out for a day or so but so glad i had it.

• Like 1

Had mine a while ago now, was the “best” of all the jabs so far. I was a little light headed for an hour or two, and the jab site was a little tender that evening, but that was it.

That said, quite a few friends that have had it, that had easier injections One and Two, seem to have had more of a reaction to the booster.

(I had quite a strong reaction to my very first injection, bad enough to need to enter a yellow card report for it, but not bad enough to require further treatment).

I don't know where the vaccine crack will go, but we've another 2 years of this.

Feel free to call me an ass in 22,but i cannot see this going forward anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MR.C said:

One year ago we were told this was the way out !

That is how it is working out though, just slowly. 

First couple of months of this year we had two million cases and 50,000 people died.

Last couple of months of the year, similar, two million cases, lived relatively normal lives, but deaths limited to about 7,000.

The numbers are absolutely consistent with most of the people having a vaccine that 90% effectively prevents deaths, 

I dread to think what the year would have been like without the vaccines. Vaccine scientists not getting enough credit in my book. 

Can't see this going forward anytime soon?  we have made huge strides. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't deny that based upon the above numbers, and there is some evidence to suggest the jabs may be assisting with reducing severe illness / death within 28 days of a positive Covid test (we'll skip over the flawed reporting...), but for balance its also important to consider the following:

- Over time we have gradually built up natural immunity, relevant to the exact strain prevalent at the time (though maybe not for Omicron as it seems to spread so fast).

- Those most susceptible to the disease will sadly no longer be around to be part of the numbers.

- Viruses mutate to become more infectious but less deadly (like all organisms their main goal is to reproduce, so there's no point killing all their potential hosts before they have had chance to spread), which is a double whammy on the numbers.

Our world leaders and pharma / marketing companies will no doubt claim credit though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jim_l said:

The numbers are absolutely consistent with most of the people having a vaccine that 90% effectively prevents deaths

90%😏

The Astra Zeneca double jabbed are down at 40% protection, hence they don't use it anymore.

Pfizer is just over 60% double jabbed.

Does anyone know if you had been jabbed with AZ for the first two jab’s, are they doing those again but with the Pfizer, and then giving the booster after that?.

As to me just giving a Pfizer booster jab means they are starting from a lower level to start with , or doesn’t it work like that?.