Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is a slippery slope, but should a line be drawn?? for instance if a person point blank refuses the vaccine and then goes on to get covid and need hospital care why should we be spending time, money and resources on something that probably could have been avoided? But the same could then be said for smokers who get lung cancer or alcoholics who get liver disease!!

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

bl**** hell have we been moved into China :d

Where do you stop with that attitude though? Smoking kills you and harms those around you, drink, drugs, fast bikes, racing cars etc etc. Slippery slope with that kind of view. 

lockquote widget

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jay.perry said:

It is a slippery slope, but should a line be drawn?? for instance if a person point blank refuses the vaccine and then goes on to get covid and need hospital care why should we be spending time, money and resources on something that probably could have been avoided? But the same could then be said for smokers who get lung cancer or alcoholics who get liver disease!!

lockquote widget

Totally agree. 

3 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Where do you stop with that attitude though? Smoking kills you and harms those around you, drink, drugs, fast bikes, racing cars etc etc. Slippery slope with that kind of view. 

So are you suggesting that we should allow people to smoke in restaurants and offices, and the pub, so everybody around you can get cancer as well?🤔

42 minutes ago, stephenh said:

So are you suggesting that we should allow people to smoke in restaurants and offices, and the pub, so everybody around you can get cancer as well?🤔

At what point did I even remotely suggest that?

My point is over 70000 people die yearly from smoking related disease in the UK alone. Every year. Yes it's discouraged, highly taxed etc but we don't ban it, we don't make smokers pay for NHS treatment or give priority to non smokers. We just accept its a personal choice and allow smokers to get on with it. 

Yet even a sniff of someone having an alternative viewpoint on a covid vaccine and people start suggesting that we should restrict them, lessen their priority for treatment etc. It just doesn't sit right with me. 

I am pro vaccination. But I am not so one-eyed to completely discount the viewpoints of the younger generations especially when it's backed up by the serious illness/mortality statistics. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I'm  pro vaccine so long as a choice . But a lot think we should be like China and hold their results in high regard. Apparently govnm should have followed China.....

6 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

My point is over 70000 people die yearly from smoking related disease in the UK alone. Every year. Yes it's discouraged, highly taxed etc but we don't ban it, we don't make smokers pay for NHS treatment or give priority to non smokers. We just accept its a personal choice and allow smokers to get on with it. 

I agree smoking can harm many people however in the current pandemic, Covid seems to be affecting more people more quickly, so the immediate infection and deaths are more noticable. 
smoking is also addictive so people wont /cant give up straight away. Covid is NOT addictive but in the short term, more deadly- so this is one of my reasons why I believe people should have the vaccine. Its not just about one individual but society as a whole

You can’t compare smoking or drinking alcohol to covid. 

People have been drinking for millennia and smoking for centuries. But this is unprecedented in our lifetime and in a matter of months crippled industries and brought some poorer countries’ healthcare services to their knees.

If “taking one for the team” can help put an end to it then in my view you should do just that - even if the benefits to you as an individual are non existent 

But ultimately this should still not be enforced by government. Your conscience should do that for you. 

• Like 1

I bet not one person can honestly hold their hand up and say I did this for my fellow being.

They have taken it out of fear/ignorance  and selfishness,no more no less.

30 minutes ago, Chris King said:

You can’t compare smoking or drinking alcohol to covid. 

Youve missed my point Chris. I wasn't comparing them it's impossible. I was comparing the fact that we as a society turn a blind eye to the tens of thousands of lives lost to it, similar to how you just have by saying "Well it's been going on forever".

Yet we vilify those who dare to have an alternate view on vaccines as stupid, selfish and we shouldnt prioritise them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MR.C said:

I bet not one person can honestly hold their hand up and say I did this for my fellow being.

Well that's complete bull. The main reason I'm happy to take the jab is to add an additional layer of protection for my elderly relatives.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MR.C said:

what utter, desperately sad b*****k*, though very revealing. Which is even worse.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Of fear, ignorance and selfishness: 

I haven't heard a single person say they live in fear of this virus, they just get on with it. The real fear is in the deniers, as explained by Anna Freud, if you can't cope with it, deny it exists. 

The role of ignorance is explained by psychologists too, study after study linking conspiracy theory belief to lower education levels, and inability to think rationally or critically. 

Oh what a surprise, the use of the word selfishness, explained by psychologists too. they call it 'consensus bias'  when people see their own behavioural choices and judgments as common. 

I know how many people out of 100,000 will be harmed by the vaccine, I know how many Covid harms will be prevented by the vaccine, I know that people around me, with compromised immune systems, will also be better protected. So, no fear, no ignorance, no selfishness, just a rational choice. 

9 hours ago, MR.C said:

My hand is up

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Well that's complete bull. The main reason I'm happy to take the jab is to add an additional layer of protection for my elderly relatives.

👍

• Like 1