Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NHS website now updated as i thought.

Over 50s can now book online ahead of their GP letter.

• Like 1

And following my jab on Monday, the side effects on Tuesday...

Nothing "bad" just a bit achy and a bit tired. A good nights sleep last night and I'm as right as rain today. 

I'm very lucky in that I don't usually suffer side effects of medication but I did this time. Must be getting old...

Well done and thanks for posting , it's now well known that if you DON'T get any side effects your immune system isn't reacting to the vaccine, which means it has less of an effect.

I hadn't seen that piece of information. I shall head off to the Lancet...

Just now, Blatman said:

Let us know - I’ve not had any side effects yet (jab was 18hrs ago)

4 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Well done and thanks for posting , it's now well known that if you DON'T get any side effects your immune system isn't reacting to the vaccine, which means it has less of an effect.

I dont think that's the whole story....

Me n' the wife had ours on Monday, nothing, no sorenesss, no side effects, we just carried on as 'normal' ;)

Just now, Blatman said:

Yup, the vaccine is foreign to your body, so when injected your bodies immune system kicks in, this causes things like headaches, fever etc, it's all part of the immune systems way of working. Oh and if you do have a fever don't take anything to artificially lower it, this reduces your immune response to fight the virus ( or whatever caused the fever).

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

That's not what I read and hear

What source(s)?

I would be interested if someone could post evidence, since that is all I rely on.

Just now, OldStager said:

I would be interested if someone could post evidence, since that is all I rely on.

Indeed, hence wondering where you got yours 😁👍

Dr Anna Goodman, at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, in London, who has been running trials with other coronavirus vaccines, from Oxford-AstraZeneca and Novavax, said side effects may be unpleasant but are to be expected as the immune system responds to a vaccine.

But people still needed to follow social-distancing rules, because protection may not be 100%.

"Because you have more fever, that doesn't mean you are more immune," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55932832

It seems reactions or not may not be a sign of anything at all.

There are many sources, all I can do is look at the evidence and decide for my self. Most of my stuff comes from the Doctor up this end of the country on YT.