Covid Vaccine Poll

Captain Colonial

Covid Vaccine Poll  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought I’d ask to see how we’re doing so far as a club.  Had my first jab last Friday and while I’m continuing to be extremely cautious, I feel that the Sword of Damocles is slightly less perilously poised over my neck.

How’s everyone doing?

My father has had both. Second one was three weeks ago. He's 91 and whilst not "frail", he's 91...

My mother (care home resident) had her first one two weeks ago and we hope will get her second this week. Much like my dad she's not "frail" but she's 90 and has Alzheimers. The saving grace is that because of the care home, she is pretty much constantly monitored. The care home staff are always very good at updating us on her current medical status. 

Neither of my parents has seen any adverse reactions which is great.

Me, becasue of my age, am in the 7th of the 8 groups identified so I am expecting the call to come in March/April and I'll be running as fast as I can to get that needle. Likewise my brother.

Despite the idiotic, unfounded claptrap spouted by anti-vaxxers I have taken the time to read plenty of Lancet and BMJ articles about the vaccines, their testing, efficacy and contra-indications so I personally am satisfied it is as safe as any other vaccine I have had in the course of my life. And becasue I've travelled to foreign climes and visited hospitals when the sharp tool I am using gets out of control, I've had a fair few innoulations in my time. None of them have done me any harm... well, OK, I know I'm a bit of a t*t sometimes but I don't think that's because of vaccinations... 

• Like 2

Mine is scheduled for this Sunday. I understand Ursula Van der Leyden will be behind me in the queue.

• Haha 2

Can't be long now, but heard nothing yet. Will be very pleased to get it.

• Like 2

It is the only time I have been jealous of people older than me. I will get it but one of the last groups.

I cannot wait to have it.

My daughter is an anaesthetic Dr working exclusively at the moment in Covid ITU in between Solihull and Heartlands in the midlands. Spoke with her earlier and she was just dealing with three more deaths, which might have not happened if they had had the vaccine to lessen the severity.

I am not one for censorship but with all the viral social media claims which are utterly insane, perhaps we should curb this as it is clearly affecting some otherwise rational people.

Great news you have had it Scott, take care

• Like 2

My parents had their first shot 2 weeks ago on Sunday, dad is 81, survived cancer, fit as a fiddle otherwise played golf when the courses open 2-3 times a week with a single figure handicap, and it hit him like a train really bad flu like symptoms

mum in her late 70s waiting for a heart and lung transplant! no issues at all

• Like 1

I filled the poll in the other day, but heard from a few friends recently, one works in a care home and another is a carer for the young disabled. Both reported as having had it and I am glad these groups are being done before me, although as an asthmatic amongst other illnesses I can't wait when its my turn.

Having mine tomorrow (Thursday) and pleased to be getting the vaccine.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Having mine tomorrow (Thursday) and pleased to be getting the vaccine.

So am I Terry, this afternoon! And Sally I ought to add. The roll out in our area is going well, a week ahead of the forecast schedule I would say. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just been invited to apply for my jab. Booked in tomorrow morning at the local(ish) hospital. Be glad to have it done and out of the way!

• Like 4

Being under 50 (just!) unfortunately puts me in one the last groupings to get the jab. I am looking forwards to getting it on the basis that it will hopefully bring back some form of normality and we can get this country running again. My wife has had her first vaccination as she works for the NHS in an X-ray dept and she had no ill effects bar a dead arm for a day or two. Bring it on!