Coy Carp ponds

dombanks

40 minutes ago, Scott Young said:

The owners of Stoneleigh Show Ground are rubbing their hands in glee as the HS2 line runs straight through the front gates and through the place.  They’re very much “in the money”.  🙄

I smell sarcasm... Have they been subject to a compulsory purchase order?

1 minute ago, Blatman said:

I smell sarcasm... Have they been subject to a compulsory purchase order?

Quite the opposite - they’ve been (allegedly) been paid well over the going rate from what I’ve been told by someone with inside knowledge.

1 hour ago, Scott Young said:

Quite the opposite - they’ve been (allegedly) been paid well over the going rate from what I’ve been told by someone with inside knowledge.

Well I hope they miss our pitch!!!

Hi all

this thread seems to have drifted away from Coy Carp to the HS2. I can’t quite see that the two topics are related, so please keep it on the fish or start a new thread re HS2 , where I am sure there will be lots of views!

thanks

• Like 1

So... thread drift, always a risk, is now something we have to monitor? Thread hijacking yes fair enough but thread drift to me is a normal evolution of the conversation, surely?

• Like 1

Well, the thread had reached its natural end several days ago anyway and this is the non-Westfield “Stuff and Nonsense” section as well so while the point is taken, I really don’t think thread drift on this occasion can be classified as a concern as I very much doubt anyone will join the club to learn about fish. :)

I’d better stop carping on about fish now, as I’m herring some discontent and I wouldn’t want anyone to trout at me.

(See how I got the thread back on to fish?  I’m so clever, and not the slightest bit koi about it. 😝)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This seems to be a bit of a red herring to me, I think that this thread should get back to the plaice where it started; the subject was solely about carp. 

Oh yes, the fish is Koi, not Coy.

• Haha 2

Time to play Find The Fish 👍

i thought that too but tbh my initial questions were answered and trains are more interesting than fish. 

pond seems to have not leaked at all again ... weird to how it lost water in the first place. its not like it hasnt been wet/cold/snowy etc and the fish are not floating on the top so im classing that as a win!

The fish were drinking it.  They drink like... well, you know.

39 minutes ago, Scott Young said:

The fish were drinking it.  They drink like... well, you know.

They also wee in it

19 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

They also wee in it

Thats why the level went back up afterwards.