Looking for my dads old v8 westfield

Mathew warwick

Hi all

dont know if anyone can shed any light on this but I’m trying to track my dads old seight Westfield. I unfortunately have no pictures of it plus I can’t remember the registration, I will just have to describe it as I don’t think there will be loads similar.

it was navy blue and either a 2003 or 53

had a John eales 4.6 v8 on Webber’s with itg airfilters.

it had grey leather interior,

full chrome pack 

carbon spats on rear wings

rear exits twin exhausts with rear valace

it also had team dynamics wheels.

it was sold to John eales in claybrooke but I don’t know where it went from there

any help or info would be brilliant 

thanks

Hi Matt

I dont know your Dad's car, so I hope that someone here does know it.

If you dont get a reply from this forum, there is a very old email group - http://mailman.se7ens.net/mailman/listinfo/seight here that sometimes people post to. Its very old but you could use it as a last resort.

Good Luck Jon

• Like 1

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you called John Eales?
I did that when researching my car and he sent some pics of it racing back in 1994.

Hi Ewan

i did contact him back in 2018 but he didn’t have couldn’t remember anything , I might give him another bell and see if I can jog his memory 

was your dad a WSCC member, do you know his forum name? this might help spark peoples memories

I know I asked this back in 2018, but are you positive there are no photos etc at your parents? Or old insurance documents etc that would give you a registration number; then it could be quickly checked to see if the car is still on the road in the UK.

As Cast Iron said, was your dad a club member? What's his name, and/or forum name? Someone might just remember him and the car, with a little more to go off. (blue is a surprisingly popular colour for SEiGHTs, and while Webers are much less common, it's not something you'd see once the bonnets on!

I have done a quick back-office search on the "Warwick" surname on the forum, just in case I could find any old details, but I couldn't just spot him.

Clearly without the key information it is going to be hard. My suggestion would be speaking with any of his old neighbours you will be surprised how many kids and grand kids of neighbours like to sit and have a photo taken, one might have a photo with the registration number visible.

Not sure if there is any way of searching by Chassis number through DVLA but if your Dad built it then Westfield have good records of cars and kits sold and might be able to provide one. I am sure they can do it for recalls but maybe not in these circumstances

I hope you find what you are looking for

According to the last thread a few years ago, WSC ltd had the vin number, but the dad bought it and put it through IVA himself so they have no record of registration number.